Let’s bring #ShotOnBlackBerry back!
I realized I’m not very good at social media. Sure, I take a lot of pics with my phone, and we tend to share a lot of photos within our own little UTB crowd, but never really things that we want to share to the world at large, and more often than not, nothing that the world at large would care to see. Suffice it to say, UTB’s Instagram account is a rather sad place.
While BlackBerry has never gone after the camera phone crown, there have been some really nice cameras on recent devices. I know a lot of users out there that have got amazing photos on the Passport. I even know of one that was doing some really good work on the Leap. The Priv camera was downright amazing compared to what came before it, and the camera on the KEYone shocks us as to how good it is.
Some time ago, as other phone makers were bragging about their hardware, we came up with the #ShotOnBlackBerry hashtag, and sadly, let it kind of die out. While I do still see it every now and then, I’d like to see it used more frequently. I’d also like to improve our own Instagram account, and that won’t be a difficult thing to do.
So how about a deal? How about we help each other out? A little scratch on the back, returned with another scratch on the back? Do you have photos taken on a BlackBerry that you’d like to share? Perhaps you’d like to share them with people that may not be your usual followers? Maybe you’d like to pick up an extra follower or two? If so, here’s what to do.
1. Find the photo you’d like to share.
2. Email the photo to email@example.com
3. Tell us what device you took the photo on.
4. Include your handle! Tell us and other’s where they can find you. If it’s Instagram, Twitter or BBM Channels or even your BBM PIN, we don’t care, we just want to credit you.
5. Provided your photo follows our family friendly guidelines (we don’t need any shirt-off selfies guys) we will share your photo across our various social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter & BBM Channels) with the #ShotOnBlackBerry hashtag crediting you so that other’s know where to find you.
Who knows? Maybe this can be fun? Perhaps we can work out some kind of contest for the future or for certain themes?
And remember, even if you don’t send us photos, when you share a photo taken with your BlackBerry device, be sure to include #ShotOnBlackBerry!