On Saturday, Refocus Tech (creators of ARKick, Pastry Push and Hues) drew our attention to the forthcoming release of their latest app, entitled “SketchBook”. SketchBook is set to be released in the first week of January, and will be available for the BlackBerry Passport and full-touch BlackBerry devices (ie, Z3, Z10 and Z30).
SketchBook is a sketching and drawing app designed specifically for BlackBerry devices, and offers the following features:
- Sketch, Draw and Paint using your BlackBerry 10 device!
- Essential Toolkit to work with – whether you are a beginner or a professional
- 6 different drawing tools – Pen, Pencil, Watercolour Brush, Marker, Permanent Marker & Eraser.
- Colour palette of 40 hand-picked colours for the best sketching experience
- Assistive touch – hide the toolkit and focus on your drawings!
- Organise your artwork into an unlimited number of Books and Pages within SketchBook
- Give your books and individual sketches unique names
- Instantly shares your sketches once created
- Specially optimized for the BlackBerry Passport & Z-series smartphones
ReFocus Tech have released the following trailer showcasing SketchBook’s features:
If you are interested in seeing what SketchBook can do, ReFocus Tech have supplied us with some screenshots of SketchBook in action:
About ReFocus Tech
ReFocus Tech is a technology startup working on application, game and web development. Currently focusing on Augmented Reality technologies, contextual apps and 3D Game Development. The team creates optimal and quick solutions for challenging problems, be it an app or a website – no fuss, just honest hard work and a great team.
If you’ve been waiting for a decent sketching & drawing app for your BlackBerry Passport, Z3, Z10 or Z30, keep an eye out for SketchBook in BlackBerry World in the next week or two – it will initially be available for a “New Years’ Discount” of $2.