Punkt delivers first update, second is in the works.
Punkt has released the first update for the MP02. The update is available for download on the device via FOTA (Firmware over the air) and you will need to be connected to a WiFi network.
Some users experienced a number of bugs while using the first device born of the collaboration between Punkt and BlackBerry. This first and upcoming planned second update will address these bugs.
Here are the fixes in the update:
- APN network settings: it is now possible to edit “authentication type”.
- Text messaging: the New message contact in New Message Shortcut now correctly displays the message recipient’s name
- Text messaging: it is now possible to use the ‘use content’ option to save the contact information of a text message sender to Contacts.
- UI language: a significant amount of UI language corrections have been made in this software release – others are still being worked on.
- Manual setting of date/time in German has been fixed.
- The Note reminder notification that remained on even when the phone was in standby has been fixed.
- Various bugs related to random speed and call dialling.
- Battery life: there has been a moderate improvement in battery life issues. This is a priority issue for all future software updates.
- Text messaging: there is a stability increase in the message feature crash occurring in random text input.
- In Italian, the tethering on/off switch in the rapid-access Status menu (reached by pressing the Up arrow) has been fixed for connection via Wi-Fi, but not yet for USB and Bluetooth tethering. As a workaround the tethering on/off switch in the Connectivity menu can be used for all tethering connection options (reached by pressing the Punkt button, and then Settings).
- UI text change in Alarm settings for the majority of supported languages.
- UI language corrections in most mis‑spelt country names.
- Improvements in the Call History issue which was calling the last person listed instead of the selected contact.
If you purchased the device and you are experiencing problems that are not listed, you should log into the official Punkt publication and update them.