Man Dies While Charging his iPhone in Bath

A London man made an extremely poor decision which tragically cost him his life.

We report many stories of phones, primarily iPhones blowing up. Sometimes while charging, sometimes in hand, sometimes in pockets. In this incident, the iPhone did not explode, and the resulting accident which resulted in one man’s death cannot be blamed on Apple.

Richard Bull, a 32 year old Londoner was charging his iPhone in early December. He was using the phone while it was charging. Unfortunately for Richard and his family, he was using it in his bath. When a portion of the phone charger touched the bathwater, Richard Bull was electrocuted. Found by his wife, the burns from the accident were so severe she believed he had been attacked. Mr. Bull, who was planning on meeting his family later that day to exchange Christmas gifts, instead had lost his life due to a poor choice.

Dr. Sean Cummings has recently ruled the death an accident and stated, “These seem like innocuous devices but can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. They should attach warnings. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone.”

There are already many warnings that come with these devices that nearly never leave our hands. There are warnings about how to carry them, warnings about how to charge them, warnings about radiation levels and warnings about texting and driving. I would not have believed that we would need warnings about not charging your devices while in a tub full of water. Let’s all just use our phones responsibly.

source

Brad

BlackBerry Elite
Founder & Owner of UTB Blogs and UTB Geek.
When I’m not talking or writing about BlackBerry, you’ll find me using my BlackBerry.

  • Trac Mila

    iPhone and stoooopid are just attracted to each other. In fact that’s how apple makes their money.

    Remember when some people complained BB10 was to difficult to operate? Lol

  • Prem_Watsapp

    Oh no. God have mercy on his soul… R-iP… :’-((

    (Sure there is a certain humorous element to this story…)

  • anthogag

    It looks like the guy confused “water repellent” with the charging process also being water repellent.

Top