Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Runners in the house?
I would never have considered myself a runner. Hated it in high school - went to a small private school and everyone was expected to be on teh basketball team. When I graduated, I swore I'd never run again unless the cops or a black bear was chasing me Big_smile2

But fast forward several years, and as I was watching my mom's health rapidly decline from things that "can" be genetic and hereditary, I knew I needed to get things under control.

So on a friends recommendation I started using the Zen Labs Couch 2 5K app (C25K). That was back in May. In August, I ran my first 5K with my wife. I'm down #25 from my worst weight, #15 from my average.

Now I'm working towards a 10K. Well I had been, then some lower back issues slowed me down. But I'm back at it.

This saturday my wife and I are running a 5K for a Breast Cancer group. Should be fun, temps are supposed to be in the 40's!!! Good thing I just bought running gloves at Costco the other day!

Why so blue John?

Really, I want to do one of those runs so bad! I did a zombie run last year! Loved it! And I'm no runner, not in the least. But someday... *pensive*

Gimme my Passport!
Did I mention it was a mud'n'blood zombie run?

Gimme my Passport!
[-] The following 2 users Like Brad's post:
  • BlackJack, veeru789
Lol that's awesome.

I'll probably never do another color run. The stuff trashes your running gear. I managed to avoid most of the colors throughout the course, but at the finish line they were lined up dumping the blue powder.
I have to add, you should have seen us driving home. We were covered in blue powder, and had the windows down. People would stare at us at stoplights. One guy looked at us and said, "We're you locked in a Porto john that got tipped over?"
Lol!! See, I would have said something about Smurfs

Gimme my Passport!
(01-10-2014, 02:54 PM)Brad Wrote: Lol!! See, I would have said something about Smurfs

Gimme my Passport!
Ha! I was going to post that!
Playbook>Bold 9900>Z10>Z30>Passport.
Only time I ran hard since high school, was from my first wife.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 2 users Like DickLewis13's post:
  • BB4tw, MissoulaMarinerFan
I used to be. Ran cross country and track in high school and a bit in college. All those miles on good ol' American pavement though destroyed me from the hips down. If I run over twice a week I can barely walk. I'm 30, but my hips, knees and ankles creak, pop and stiffen up like I'm 60 (no offense older folks). On top of that it feels like I'm getting stabbed with knives in those places. It sucks. I really miss it sometimes.
(01-10-2014, 11:25 PM)MissoulaMarinerFan Wrote: I used to be. Ran cross country and track in high school and a bit in college. All those miles on good ol' American pavement though destroyed me from the hips down. If I run over twice a week I can barely walk. I'm 30, but my hips, knees and ankles creak, pop and stiffen up like I'm 60 (no offense older folks). On top of that it feels like I'm getting stabbed with knives in those places. It sucks. I really miss it sometimes.
I have the same issue, at lease with my knees. But mine is from football, basketball and baseball. I used to run cross-country but now at the tender age of 64 I have picked up bike riding. Can get a good cardio and my knees only swell a little. You might try it, MissoulaMarinerFan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan