Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to do a Non-Destructive Update with Sachesi
I've been asked about this by a lot of friends and members so I figured I'd write one up and share with everyone.

OK for starters you will need the latest Sachesi software which Sachesi Releases - GitHub

***UPDATE Sept. 9, 2014*** After speaking with Sacha (creator of Sachesi) for some clarification with the newer versions, he has recommended that you drag and drop both the Core OS and Radio File at the same time. When you install the OS, it runs a migration script that updates your settings.

OP Modified

Here you will find the latest releases for the different Operating Systems.

*I have always found it easier if your Access to Storage configured to connect directly to your OS rather than Atumoatic. if you want to verify this on your device you can do so by going to Settings/ Storage and Access/ Access to Storage.*

Anyway from here you can go ahead and conect your phone with the USB cable. Once you have downloaded and extracted the file to your PC/laptop, you will then need to open Sachesi.

Once you have Sachesi opened you will have this screen:

From here there are several operations that you can perform but for this Tutorial we will be performing a Non-Destructive update for your device.

The next step will be to select the Install Tab:

After you have select the Install Tab and are seeing your current apps you are ready to perform a Non-Destructive update. In order to complete this you will need to have previously downloaded the upgrade files. These files will be the Core OS and Radio File. The Core OS is basically the Operating system itself as is the Radio file.

In this next step we will select the Core OS and Radio File then simply drag and drop them to the Install window.

Your device will then show you the following screen that a Software Update is in Progress:

Once completed, your device will restart in order to complete the update. As soon as you're back up and running and have connected again to Sachesi, you can proceed to load any BARs that you may have.

Please be advised that updating the Core OS and Radio File DOES NOT update your app. You will need to side load them separately. If you have any updated BARs that you downloaded or extracted separately and want to side load them, feel free to do the same steps you did with your Core OS and radio File.

Search for the BAR or BARs and drag and drop them into the Install window.

You will get a screen showing you the status of the install:

Well, I hope this helps any of you who have always wondered about Non-Destructive updates and encourages you to go out and try it for yourself (Franco LOL). In the event that you don't dare try this route, you can always build an Autoloader with the Core OS and Radio File. It will update as well without any problems. Just build, execute and connect your device when prompted "Connecting to BootRom". It will load and restart your device and that's it.

If you feel this is the route you want to take, follow this link on how to build an autoloader. Just remember to use the Core OS and Radio File.

Feel free to comment or let me know if I missed anything and I'll edit the OP.

Good luck.

Robert.
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
[-] The following 8 users Like Robert's post:
  • Azensun, bambinoitaliano, Madge, miker476, MissoulaMarinerFan, newcollector, razrrob, veeru789
Another great tutorial!! You just may have inspired me to give it another try. Sachesi and I have never gotten along well, but I don't give up THAT easily.... :-)

Very clear and accurate tutorial. Even a newbie could follow the instructions and feel confident in the loading process.
(09-09-2014, 05:29 AM)Azensun Wrote: Another great tutorial!! You just may have inspired me to give it another try. Sachesi and I have never gotten along well, but I don't give up THAT easily.... :-)

Thanks Azensun. Give it a try side loading a BAR first. if you can do that, you can do Non-Destructive.
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
Also - as a heads up - I found this out the hard way last time (if you don't know my epic story, check it out here: http://utbblogs.com/forum/showthread.php...0#pid10590), Sachesi works best if you don't install the Core OS and the radio at the same time. So make sure you install the Core OS FIRST then the radio as Robert describes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MissoulaMarinerFan's post:
  • Robert
Awesome post Robert. This clears it up for a lot of us.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ray689's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(09-09-2014, 06:55 AM)MissoulaMarinerFan Wrote: Also - as a heads up - I found this out the hard way last time (if you don't know my epic story, check it out here: http://utbblogs.com/forum/showthread.php...0#pid10590), Sachesi works best if you don't install the Core OS and the radio at the same time. So make sure you install the Core OS FIRST then the radio as Robert describes.

Updated OP after speaking with Sacha.
does upgrade work if device is not recognize (at least when trying to back up using link)? , stuck on pink logo since but not sure and did not try to upgrade. It has been almost 2 weeks since my device wont start. Tried to restart it using shachesi (not upgrading) but not able to.
How to recover from a soft brick:
http://utbblogs.com/how-to-bb10/how-to-r...your-data/

Alternatively, though not what you may want, find the autoloader for your device and OS. That does work, except you lose everything.

(10-11-2014, 04:05 AM)BBlord Wrote: does upgrade work if device is not recognize (at least when trying to back up using link)? , stuck on pink logo since but not sure and did not try to upgrade. It has been almost 2 weeks since my device wont start. Tried to restart it using shachesi (not upgrading) but not able to.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
BBlord has a new thread that is more detailed. May be best to follow up and help there.
http://utbblogs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1061
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy