Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How would your life be different if there were no Google, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter
(31-08-2014, 05:31 AM)Nnik Wrote: oh, look! the underbiter is confused!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

You sound like the narrator from Pokemon :P
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
Brads Butt closed it his phone was in moderator mode
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackJack's post:
  • DickLewis13
Interesting thought. True use of butt dial. Hehe!

(31-08-2014, 06:54 AM)BlackJack Wrote: Brads Butt closed it his phone was in moderator mode
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
I've posed this same question various ways on various websites, all with no 'real' replies.
To me, the likes of social media, has made us as humans, interact less. I understand that we now live in the text\sms and email world, but, every once in a while it would be nice if someone picked up the phone, made a call and checked on a family member JUST BECAUSE, versus because they saw a particular post on social media...

Every now and then I take a break from Twitter, as I've done this week. Every time I return I NEVER have Tweets checking if I'm okay, missing, dead or anything. This in itself tells me social media isn't really social. It has become a gossip pool, and even for news it can't be 100%. Then again, not even the news can be 100%. Just saying...

Of course, this is merely my opinion...
[-] The following 3 users Like ivantwilliams's post:
  • BlackJack, emstardeluxe, Rural Geek
I tend to agree, navi. The thing that bothers me the most is that electronic messaging is too easy to ignore.
I'm guilty of it myself. I have nieces and nephews that do not believe in any other form of communication.

Once in a while they might respond to a text. But usually too busy...being young.
I have the grand luxury of being able to watch them on Facebook if I care too, but I don't. Kinda impersonal. I call them anti-social websites.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackJack's post:
  • Rural Geek
My life would continue without skipping a beat. Although I have a twitter account, I don't use it that often or quite know what to do with it. I use facebook fairly often to keep in touch with out of state family members and updates on my toddler nephews.

The others I don't use at all or even have an account.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trev's post:
  • newcollector
I don't tweet, I don't I-gram, I don't Facebook, I don't do BBM channels, and I don't watch much TV. My days are much more relaxed.
UTB's one and only 'Posting Ninja'
[-] The following 1 user Likes BB4edge's post:
  • BlackJack
Funny you say that. I've noticed that when I read certain tweets and social media items, I get mad. It reminds me how humans can be so rude, and just mean...

(04-09-2014, 02:53 PM)BB4edge Wrote: I don't tweet, I don't I-gram, I don't Facebook, I don't do BBM channels, and I don't watch much TV. My days are much more relaxed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ivantwilliams's post:
  • BlackJack
I would miss seeing pictures of my children and grandchildren who all live out of state. Skyping is the next best thing to being there. I would BBM video but none of them have come back to Black, yet.
I get to keep up with cousins in NC I haven't seen for years, otherwise don't use Facebook a lot.
Twitter I do use, though slowed down lately. Dad burn UTB taking all my time.Surprised
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy