Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How would your life be different if there were no Google, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter
Instagram ... and on and on.

Genuinely curious.
One day in a distant galaxy not too long ago there were none of the above.

Have they helped us or hurt us? Do we really "need" them or is it possible for mankind to survive without them?

As a society, WTF have we done to ourselves?

Sure I get teased for being a ludite, but I use none of the above and I still have a pulse. Is this even possible?

Your thoughts? I know the value of staying in touch with friends and relatives... I don't know about virtual friends who I likely will never meet, but...

THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO COMMUNICATE (alternatives) and stay in touch without these greedy privacy invading entities and being used as a commodity by these middle men whom we are simply enriching at our own expense for a service we don't really need!

Sure our reach is broader and the speed of communication is increased, but is that a good thing? Seems it just adds more valueless distractions to our lives.

Your thoughts?
I say starve them.
As far as communication wise i have never used any of them. So no loss for me.
You can have my Blackberry when you pry it from my cold dead hands! Mad
Instagram,No loss.
Twitter, that's my news feed now.
Facebook, maybe I'd still be married. Nah, she'd still be crazy.
BBM... gasp! Must have my BBM!

Gimme my Passport!
[-] The following 5 users Like Brad's post:
  • Azensun, BlackJack, Rural Geek, undbiter65, veeru789
I wouldn't care if they were all gone too but twitter truly is a better news source than any main stream media out there.
I'm with Brad and ray. Twitter is a good news source. Rest is just time pass and to show people my BlackBerry has those apps too. So suck it.
[-] The following 3 users Like veeru789's post:
  • , BlackJack, MissoulaMarinerFan
I hate Facebook with a passion. It's all "my kid was reading at 18 months!", "look at how I've redecorated my foyer with refinished flea market finds!", "check out my paleo lunch! #eatclean", "I can't go to the gym without posting it"...

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 3 users Like emstardeluxe's post:
  • Azensun, BlackJack, Robert
I'm with Blackjack on this. I don't tweet, insta, pin, vine, snap, what's app, facebook, my space, or any of that cr*P and I'm still alive. Now, what I am is a BBM addict, but that's the best way to keep in touch with my friends (old and new! HUGS ALL). OK, I admit to LinkedIn, but that's only because my former employer REQUIRED it.

I'm also with Em. Yeah, your lunch looks great. Instead of taking pictures of it, how about you just eat it? Someone worked hard so you wouldn't be hungry!

I'm an anti-social media person. Rogue, and alive!

[-] The following 2 users Like Azensun's post:
  • BlackJack, Rural Geek
I'm guessing you haven't seen Em's BBM channel? Lmao!

Gimme my Passport!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • undbiter65
Bbm channels are different Brad. So is instagram. Facebook subjects everyone you know to stuff they may not be interested in, but no one would join a lunch channel if they didn't want to see lunches

(24-08-2014, 04:21 AM)Brad Wrote: I'm guessing you haven't seen Em's BBM channel? Lmao!

Gimme my Passport!

Uh oh. Did I just say something epically stoopid? Surprised

(24-08-2014, 04:24 AM)emstardeluxe Wrote: Bbm channels are different Brad. So is instagram. Facebook subjects everyone you know to stuff they may not be interested in, but no one would join a lunch channel if they didn't want to see lunches

Boy, I'm embarrassed. Em, I meant no offense.