Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Would you share your banned story
(07-08-2014, 12:55 AM)undbiter65 Wrote: So sweet!

Can't you just feel the love?
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • undbiter65
(06-08-2014, 11:37 PM)jrohland Wrote: I never got banned there but was infracted several times. Mostly for pointing out the so called #1 BB Fan (using government like propaganda) actually does not use BB phones. One other infraction was because I pointed out to a child that breaking his phone is not the worst thing to happen in a life.

I agree howarmat is a big time troll.

When I realized you were no longer there, I left. I guess that was the final straw for me.

Ignore them jrohland they're only jealous!

BTW, when you told N4BB they needed a bit if Bigglybobblyboo that actually made me laugh out loud. I even screenshotted it for posterity.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bigglybobblyboo's post:
  • Brad, undbiter65
Never got banned either, but had a post removed when I had the temerity to reply to one of Richardat's screeds basically calling all of Crackberry posters idiots. His post was so torturously long he was quoting himself from previous parts of his post... it was epic. Basically told him that his post calling all Crackberry posters deluded fanbois was no better than the 'fanboi' posts he was complaining about. Got my post removed for that one... his post? left there for all shining eternity. I had a follow up post left intact that made no sense as my main post had been removed. I sent a note to the mods telling them they may as well finish the job. Took them less than a half hour to remove that one too.

Have had a few skirmishes with the 'we have a right to post in a Blackberry fansite and run everything down because everyone is welcome here' crowd. Pretty thin-skinned bunch when their biases and poor arguments are exposed. Usually devolves into mod intervention and thread closure... surprise!

There, I feel better now.

Cheers,
[-] The following 7 users Like vorpalz's post:
  • , Bigglybobblyboo, Brad, Canuckvoip, newcollector, Rural Geek, undbiter65
I had quite a few infractions at CB and I was damn proud of them too. I spoke my mind to the mods about the Crap they were allowing and I guess they didn't like it. Anyway my first Ban was by Kris (Mall Cop), second by Howarmart and third by Branta. I didn't mind the one from Kris because I had the pleasure of really pissing him off. His ban to my stick man humping IT user (3hb78ftg) made me change my signature to CrackBerry Bad boy. He even deleted my signature once and I just added it back and told him to get over it.

I was embarrassed and hurt by the one from Howarmart though. Of all the people to get banned by and this guy bans my MePiikan LzBolaz user just because someone posted that we should be careful and not mention "them". All I I did was ask who and post a pic of troll dolls. MePiikan was my favorite alter ego.

Branta...well he's a **** and nobody can stand him so it was expected. He banned my Raz_Kame_LzHuevos user after I welcomed a CB member to CrackBerry and next time to come here to UTB. She had started a good thread asking an opinion on why to change from iPhone to BlackBerry 10 and was literally ambushed. It got so bad that her actually post was "why is everyone so mean here?" that's when I posted and bam...

Anyway. UTB is my new home and it's like timon and pumba always say. "Hakuna Matata".
[-] The following 5 users Like Robert's post:
  • Bigglybobblyboo, james pisano, john_v, newcollector, Rural Geek

Very interesting thread! 

It feels like all of this banning and anti-bb trolling behaviour is taking place in some alternate CB universe that I'm not aware of!

I've never been banned and haven't really noticed the concerted effort to support anti-bb trolling over at CB that everyone speaks of. I did find all the CBK postings about his gold iPhone 5S purchase slightly odd, but if a guy chooses to move on to a new device, who are we to judge?   I suppose flaunting the purchase on a BlackBerry fansite probably wasn't the best idea.  I agree that he's probably no longer BlackBerry's #1 fan but at least he stepped out of the CB spotlight and handed off the ‎EIC duties to Bla1ze. CB was in a dark place a year ago when BlackBerry put up the For Sale sign, but I think things seem to be getting better.

I don't doubt the banning stories that have been told in this thread. I'm a regular lurker on the CB forums but took a bit of a break during the For Sale era. I've recently become more active around the time that John Chen pics surfaced of him holding up the Passport and Classic. The only real flame wars I can recall was duing the whole BerryLeaks controversy.  ‎ Aside from that. I never followed any of the troll battles described here... maybe this was all happening while I was taking a break during the For Sale era?

At any rate, there's no question that CB is a much different site than it was a couple of years ago.  ‎‎UTB feels much more of a fansite by comparison, harkening back to CB's glory days.  It's a shame because CBK really was BlackBerry's #1 fan (at least in terms of internet presence) and his postings in the years leading up to the Z10 were a lot of fun and great reading. But as with all things in life, people move on so I don't begrudge him one bit for doing the same. I only hope that Bla1ze can inject more of that BlackBerry passion in CB that has been lacking this past year.  I think he's doing a good job so far, but it will be hard to match CB's glory years.

My $0.02 (CDN) and sorry for going off-topic!‎
[-] The following 4 users Like danfrancisco's post:
  • Bigglybobblyboo, john_v, Moodyk, Rural Geek
Hey Dan, I hear you. I was a regular daily visitor of CB since 2008. Didn't really start posting in the forums until I got my Z10 though. Forums were a bit of a chore on Legacy devices. But yes, if you want to see some of those flame wars, just search our handles. Lol! I was Bradu1. And I bet you'll see how a certain ambassador and her mod boyfriend just loved to antagonize until fans were banned. I really don't know if it's changed since Bla1ze took over. Haven't gone back in a while. Last time I went there I was banned for my name, so I don't think I'll be back.
Dan, Noone discounts your perspective but things may be changing because the fans who used to stand their ground are gone along with that troll who hid behind her boyfriend mod. She accomplished her mission and moved on to where she should have been all along and that's imore. However with that said, the regulars who feel the need to turn every single thread negative (scalemaster) and those who think they are business geniuses and use opinion as fact like "the Z30 is the last BlackBerry device ever (troytriscano) are still there. They infiltrate every thread and I wouldn't doubt if they are in your thread about hands on with the passport...which is awesome by the way (mind starting it here ;)).
I do think that Bla1ze has done a better job of staying away from negative articles. The forums, not sure about. Haven't posted since I had posts deleted with zero explanation (and they weren't even worthy of a deletion) even when I asked for one.
Did a search for Bradu1 in the CB forums... one of the first threads that came up was on that I actually started back in January, 2014 titled "What's with all the CB bashing over at N4BB???"! Lol!

Reading through it again, I can sense a lot of frustrations from both camps. I'm someone who likes to think that people are inherently good so I'm gonna chalk all the battles up to various differences in opinions. At least I'd like to think so...

One positive comment from the thread actually came from Bla1ze directed at you Brad:

"I actually love your posts and threads. You know why? You say things so bluntly yet eloquently that those who we're actually trying to get rid of hate you so much that they can't control themselves and come out and spit so much hate at you that they end up banned. You basically help them hang themselves."

I hope that you and Bla1ze are still on good terms. Maybe that's the kind of mutual.respect that can help mend the fences that have been burnt down from all these flame wars!
[-] The following 2 users Like danfrancisco's post:
  • john_v, Moodyk
The thing is Dan what you WON'T see is what got deleted. That's the point. After a while it gets very tedious when you see anti-BB posts, reply to them and your post gets deleted whilst the anti one is left.

Bla1ze has done a very good job as far as the editorials are concerned, the Chris Umi post was a real watershed. But the forums are still a depressing place to pop to. It's awful to see someone say something good about BlackBerry only for them to then be battered from pillar to post by people who really shouldn't be there.

Those that do the battering never followed us here, they don't want to play by our rules but we know they read...
[-] The following 4 users Like Bigglybobblyboo's post:
  • BB4edge, BlackJack, james pisano, undbiter65
(10-08-2014, 08:23 AM)Brad Wrote: Hey Dan, I hear you. I was a regular daily visitor of CB since 2008. Didn't really start posting in the forums until I got my Z10 though. Forums were a bit of a chore on Legacy devices. But yes, if you want to see some of those flame wars, just search our handles. Lol! I was Bradu1. And I bet you'll see how a certain ambassador and her mod boyfriend just loved to antagonize until fans were banned. I really don't know if it's changed since Bla1ze took over. Haven't gone back in a while. Last time I went there I was banned for my name, so I don't think I'll be back.
Most of its probably gone. :(

(11-08-2014, 05:34 AM)Bigglybobblyboo Wrote: The thing is Dan what you WON'T see is what got deleted. That's the point. After a while it gets very tedious when you see anti-BB posts, reply to them and your post gets deleted whilst the anti one is left.

Bla1ze has done a very good job as far as the editorials are concerned, the Chris Umi post was a real watershed. But the forums are still a depressing place to pop to. It's awful to see someone say something good about BlackBerry only for them to then be battered from pillar to post by people who really shouldn't be there.

Those that do the battering never followed us here, they don't want to play by our rules but we know they read...

Yep. A watered down, very inaccurate, version is what remains. :)
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"