Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Would you share your banned story
Fact of the matter is Moody, they are number one BECAUSE of the trolling. A troll fight generates so many hits, so many impressions on their ads. Good for them for finding an income. But the problem is, when someone does a Google search for BlackBerry, the first link that pops up after BlackBerry is them. The #1 fan site. Where the trolls are telling everyone BlackBerry is dead. Ever wonder why they have such negative headlines? Proclaiming the end of BlackBerry?because every thread that is started there gets tweeted. Do out in the twitterverse, you have Crackberry tweeting all those negative headlines designed to hurt BlackBerry. Those of us that were 'defenders' were trying to show the positive for prospective buyers. But we would just get our posts deleted while keeping them the top search result with our traffic. After trying to work with the powers that be, after being told feel good things by PK that never made any real difference, and after being in a group with PK, Lendo, and Bla1ze, we saw there was no fix, and left.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brad's post:
  • ital1, james pisano, undbiter65
Where has this thread been all my life???? :P lol.

We were all in the original #ichooseblackberry10 group. We would coordinate to dissipate lies. In the end we changed nothing and received quite a few amount of infractions and bans. Was fun Tbh, but useless.
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
My wife banned me from the kitchen so I couldn't use any thing from there to make parts for my robot projects.

1st was one of the frying pans to melt some of that low temperature melting plastic. Well I had a "oh shiny" moment and the handle paid the price.

The second and final one was i was making a small mold and didn't want to go out to the garage and get the pall and drill to make such a small batch. So I borrowed the blender. Well I tried (and being an electrician I should know better) to hide the smell of a burnt motor that made its way through the house. But it didn't work.
You can have my Blackberry when you pry it from my cold dead hands! Mad
[-] The following 6 users Like Rural Geek's post:
  • , Brad, james pisano, john_v, Moodyk, newcollector
(06-08-2014, 01:20 AM)Rural Geek Wrote: My wife banned me from the kitchen so I couldn't use any thing from there to make parts for my robot projects.

1st was one of the frying pans to melt some of that low temperature melting plastic. Well I had a "oh shiny" moment and the handle paid the price.

The second and final one was i was making a small mold and didn't want to go out to the garage and get the pall and drill to make such a small batch. So I borrowed the blender. Well I tried (and being an electrician I should know better) to hide the smell of a burnt motor that made its way through the house. But it didn't work.
Bwahahaha!
(06-08-2014, 01:20 AM)Rural Geek Wrote: My wife banned me from the kitchen so I couldn't use any thing from there to make parts for my robot projects.

Being banned from the kitchen means never having to cook anymore. I got banned from having to do any the wife's laundry ever again after adding towels to her loads a few times. So being banned can be a good thing!

But back on topic (as if I were ever off): Like I said recently, I've not been banned on a forum but I have had my post counts adjusted for I guess being a smart@$$. I'm more than likely to be respectful of differing opinions or just scroll on if things have already gotten out of hand with all the bashing. I've never really understood how some sites, comments insulting each other remain but I taking neither side interject a comment meant to introduce some levity to the situation gets axed. Maybe it's all in the timing....
UTB's one and only 'Posting Ninja'
[-] The following 2 users Like BB4edge's post:
  • BlackJack, Rural Geek
Never got banned but did get an infraction or two and ended up on a watch list (some claim there isn't one, there is).

Before long every thread I made had an Ambassador and Mod as first respondents within a couple of minutes and, if they fancied reducing the audience they shifted it to another sub forum. Next my posts were aggressively deleted to the point where posting became pointless and now, the last time I commented on a CB thread (since UTB started) they removed the entire thread!

Felt a bit sorry for the poor person who started it...

I guess the truth hurts...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bigglybobblyboo's post:
  • james pisano
My wife banned herself from ironing my clothes because I had the temerity to complain (really I just asked her to be more careful) about her double creasing my slacks. I now iron my clothes and keep my mouth shut. :)
[-] The following 2 users Like newcollector's post:
  • Brad, MissoulaMarinerFan
I've never been banned from a forum, but I never spent much time on CB because of the bs. Any other forums I'm part of like robotics, tractors I'm either looking for info on a problem or idea i am working on. Or lending a hand with some else's problem. This is really the only forum that i hang out on in a sort of social aspect.

God i have to get a life.
You can have my Blackberry when you pry it from my cold dead hands! Mad
[-] The following 3 users Like Rural Geek's post:
  • , Bigglybobblyboo, undbiter65
And then there is my story....

And I'm sticking to it!
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackJack's post:
  • john_v, Rural Geek
(06-08-2014, 11:37 PM)jrohland Wrote: I never got banned there but was infracted several times. Mostly for pointing out the so called #1 BB Fan (using government like propaganda) actually does not use BB phones. One other infraction was because I pointed out to a child that breaking his phone is not the worst thing to happen in a life.

I agree howarmat is a big time troll.

When I realized you were no longer there, I left. I guess that was the final straw for me.
So sweet!