Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Would you share your banned story
Lord love a duck, Brad! It seems you couldn't win for losing! I have to say that it is very nice to come here and not have all the drama played out in page after page of posts. But on the other hand, think of it this way. All that drama, frustration, and pain gave birth to UTB. Just want to thank you for your dedication to the site, and I am looking forward to seeing this place meet the needs of the many new BlackBerry converts and returnee's who will soon be jumping on the Black is Back turnaround success wagon.
[-] The following 5 users Like newcollector's post:
  • , Azensun, Brad, Rural Geek, undbiter65
I was never banned either, but I did have a couple posts removed on CB...guess I was too pro BlackBerry.
(05-08-2014, 08:28 AM)DonMariano Wrote: I was never banned either, but I did have a couple posts removed on CB...guess I was too pro BlackBerry.

I had one post deleted. I was using a religious illustration to show how people repeat something they hear as fact when in truth it is the opposite. It wasn't the.main point of my response, but it got deleted anyway. That was because some other guy jumped all over the sub point with both feet and i.just corrected him nicely on what he said incorrectly. Elite1 was nice enough.to let me know and I was okay with it. I should have let the second guy flap his yap and not responded since it was off topic. Oh, well live and learn.

Don't have to worry about that here. People here contribute, not flame.
I have received no ban, nor even an infraction over there, and to this day I just don't understand why! It's not like I really was trying to get screwed. Oh sure, I've had a few posts deleted (piss me off) but not even a warning!??!!???

The things I remember:

1) The infamous NJBlackBerry was being his usual antagonistic self and beating on some guy trying to defend BB, you know... someone like us. I got in there in full anti-troll armour and supported the guy with as much vigor and facts I could muster. Finally, late at night in response to some truly nasty NJ verbiage I posted the following video directed at NJ and went to bed.

The next morning I login and I see that NJ was banned! Bwahahahaha!!! But oddly, I was left untouched. Go figure! He must have gone off in a tirade!

2) Another antagonist was CatlinFD. This person was schizoid. Anyway, I decided to try and drive him nuts.Big_smile2
I pretended to think that he was a she, and backed it up by calling him "Caitlin". I told "her" that I loved the way she talked and thought she was probably hot. Lub
Of course he denied it... multiple times... and got pretty pissed off about it too.

I cannot explain why I didn't get a stern talking to. Brad seems to think that humour saved me. Jury is out...
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 4 users Like Canuckvoip's post:
  • james pisano, john_v, undbiter65, wkrgr
No joke. Canuckvoip was funny as H-E-double toothpick. We were in a few of the same battles where I would get warnings and infractions, Canuckvoip got nothing. People got banned for calling Catlin a gal. Canuck asked him out and got nothing. Lmao!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • undbiter65
(05-08-2014, 01:41 PM)Brad Wrote: No joke. Canuckvoip was funny as H-E-double toothpick. We were in a few of the same battles where I would get warnings and infractions, Canuckvoip got nothing. People got banned for calling Catlin a gal. Canuck asked him out and got nothing. Lmao!!!

Bwahahahahaha!!!
I think I may have even suggested that I get on a plane to Australia!
She hated that I kept saying that she was pretending to be a guy.
Ha Ha! (sound of Nelson from the Simpsons laughing).
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canuckvoip's post:
  • newcollector
Hmmmm. Well. I never got banned but I got a ridiculous infraction for responding to a poster who came at me in a personal manner.

Ok. Yeah it was totally one-sided and unfair and really ticked me off beyond measure.

But how I handled it is I took it up w/ mods behind the scene as opposed to on the forum......

And, quite frankly, to go into threads and participate in a peeing contest w/ others is going to cause trouble. Even if you're right or justified it won't end well.

Common theme above seems to be just that.

Not trying to stir the pot, however when on a public forum one must remember that some people cannot be reasoned with and, more likely, are instigators. So to engage in a public battle serves no educational or useful purpose other than to add fuel to the fire.

So while the intentions may have been good, it comes across as confrontational.

As this site grows you will see what I'm talking about and will no doubt be put in a position of handing out warnings and bans to people thinking they too had good intentions when they engaged in public drama.

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moodyk's post:
  • Robert
(05-08-2014, 09:43 PM)Moodyk Wrote: Hmmmm. Well. I never got banned but I got a ridiculous infraction for responding to a poster who came at me in a personal manner.

Ok. Yeah it was totally one-sided and unfair and really ticked me off beyond measure.

But how I handled it is I took it up w/ mods behind the scene as opposed to on the forum......

And, quite frankly, to go into threads and participate in a peeing contest w/ others is going to cause trouble. Even if you're right or justified it won't end well.

Common theme above seems to be just that.

Not trying to stir the pot, however when on a public forum one must remember that some people cannot be reasoned with and, more likely, are instigators. So to engage in a public battle serves no educational or useful purpose other than to add fuel to the fire.

So while the intentions may have been good, it comes across as confrontational.

As this site grows you will see what I'm talking about and will no doubt be put in a position of handing out warnings and bans to people thinking they too had good intentions when they engaged in public drama.

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx

I don't believe a rebuttal to a troll with facts and figures deserves punishment while the troll is given a free pass. That is what people are saying. Especially when in certain cases they happen to be dating the head mod for example. We here know exactly what we are and why we exist so I don't fear that people making logical arguments will have anything to worry about.
[-] The following 2 users Like ray689's post:
  • john_v, Moodyk
(05-08-2014, 10:55 PM)ray689 Wrote: I don't believe a rebuttal to a troll with facts and figures deserves punishment while the troll is given a free pass. That is what people are saying. Especially when in certain cases they happen to be dating the head mod for example. We here know exactly what we are and why we exist so I don't fear that people making logical arguments will have anything to worry about.

if there is anything that is consistent in the stories so far is that everyone sees the punishment as being one-sided. Being a moderator has to be difficult. And let's face it, moderators are only too human as well. So far this site has been proactive whence it comes to keeping things on the up and up because it is patently clear what the focus and emphasis is here. It is for those who live and hope the best for BlackBerry. If you are a glass half empty kind of person, if your name appears as a definition of curmudgeon in the dictionary, if you are Eeyore on steroids so much so that every silver lining has a dark cloud around it, then UTB isn't for you.
[-] The following 2 users Like newcollector's post:
  • Bigglybobblyboo, john_v
I was not as active on CB forums as my friends here. I was more on the blog and still got banned. Heck even spent dollars in the stupid store. But the main thing is the way these fan sites are allowing trolling. What's the point of being called a fan site.