Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHY do people need to berhave like ths?
I know some of you here are goingto get mad at me. But this kind of stuff is embarrasing and not needed. This is worse than how my kids act while they're having a temper tantrum and right before I smack their little butts and send them to bed.

I recognize some of the names from here. So I ask WHY do name calling like "*****" have to be used? look I understand that there are super huge Blackberry fans here and there and in Crackberry and I understand that some are frustrated. But don't yuou understand that acting like this is embarrasing and chldish and destroys whatever meaningful message you all might have? I'm directing my questions to the people here who were involved in that super ridiculous meltdown. Weren't you brought up right? Didn't someone tell you about being poiite? Didn't some of your teaches teach you about how to disagree with someone without insulting them? Didn't anyobdy teach you in church?

I don't understand why this is needed. I'm asking the people I recognize here who were on that thread.

http://n4bb.com/hope-im-wrong-blackberry-passport/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cassie's post:
  • Robert
Wow!!! Now that is an insane thread! First of all, I would say I know Niko and Varunsain. Was in a group with both of them about a year ago. And haven't really spoke to either since. But they both seemed like decent enough people. The thing to remember is that neither of them have shown up here.... yet anyway. And I doubt Niko ever will as he 's one of the ones that run the show over there. But I can promise an exchange like that would not be allowed here. Especially by a member of our staff. That is truly ridiculous.
Holy cow what's going on over there? That won't ever happen here Cassie. And....I've met Varun. Dudes intense lol.
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
But Blackjack IS here.

WHY the need for that?

This is a critical time for this phone. My husband always says the enemy of my enemy is my friend. This kind of acting out doesn't help blackberry it only helps the people show how apart the fans are.

I reallywant to know why Blackjack acted like that. And Anthony. And Varunsain.

They're not helping BlackBerry they're hurting by showing division in ranks.

I've hward it that that's how you win. Divide and conquer.
Wow well whoever used the word (don't think it a person who is member here) certainly shouldn't have. And as Brad said, a response from staff that is so unprofessional would not be tolerated here. I understand your frustration Cassie but I also don't believe a thread like this is warranted as it really has nothing to do with UTB, our staff or our members. We have no control over who and what is said in other forums.
(29-06-2014, 01:55 AM)Cassie Wrote: But Blackjack IS here.

WHY the need for that?

This is a critical time for this phone. My husband always says the enemy of my enemy is my friend. This kind of acting out doesn't help blackberry it only helps the people show how apart the fans are.

I reallywant to know why Blackjack acted like that. And Anthony. And Varunsain.

They're not helping BlackBerry they're hurting by showing division in ranks.

I've hward it that that's how you win. Divide and conquer.

Don't know why BlackJack said anything he said (didn't read much as the negativity sickened me) but he's behaved so far on UTB. He's a very passionate BlackBerry fan. And from what I DID read, BlackJack didn't use inflammatory language. The person who used that word is NOT a member here. Don't know what else to say than that thread is a mess lol.
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
Cassie,
Appreciate your passion. But the real things hurting BlackBerry are the negative articles these so called fan sites put out. We are bunch of fans venting our frustration.
Secondly, how does it matter if Blackjack is here. Should UTB ban him because you feel so and he said something at the other site? what logic is that.
Cassie, we defend BlackBerry. We defend BlackBerry on our site, and our members tend to also be the type that defend BlackBerry out and about.
BlackJack is one of those fans and I'm glad to have him here. BlackJack is also top poster at N4BB. I know who he is BECAUSE of his posts over there. When I left CB, it was because CB started down the path of negative articles that hurt the brand. And I made it very publicly known I didn't like it.

N4 is doing that now. And I imagine BJ is going through what I went through. Now here's the thing, we don't do background checks on our members. We don't know or care what they do on other sites. We care what they do here. We'll even let them write articles and stick it on the front page, if their voice matches ours.

I think you have a valid complaint, however I think you're complaining at the wrong place. As far as I know BJ is still active there. I haven't seen Varun here yet. And I've now read that a few times, Niko initially took it to the 'cursing' level. And you definitely won't find him here.
Maybe I'm not explaining it right.
Here this forum is for ranting and here are rants against CB. Thank you for putting them in one place.

But my point is that stuff like that, howevermuch it's as a result of your history with whatever sites, hurts BlackBerry because it's childish.

I'm not tryig to ban anybody. I'm asking why is it nexessaru to throw f bombs and call people fags to prove a point about a company you love.

My husand always tells me how embarrassed he gets when he sees Americans in other countries being loud and demanding and not understanding rules in other countries. Because he's abroad. Same thing here. It's embarrassing to call myself a fan when I read that stuff.

WHY is that stuff needed? WHY act like that?

Look I'm no brainiac. But I know right and wrong. And that was wrong. And I want to know why that was necessary and don't people understand that stuff hurts us and BB.
Like mentioned earlier the only people who dropped F bombs and used derogatory language are in no way affiliated with UTB. One is staff of the other site and one is their member an not ours. UTB has used our blog articles to address misinformation. If you have a bone to pick, it may be with the people from that other site who find it necessary to tweet calling us trolls and a parody site. And those tweets came after they reported that the BlackBerry Handset business was for sale and our rebuttal was an article correctly quoting John Chen as opposed to being first to report and report incorrectly. And if you ask me, that was way more damaging to the BlackBerry brand than any comment on any thread because that article was picked up by many other blogs all over the Internet and it was dead wrong but can't be retracted now.