Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many devices has JC canceled?
(14-02-2016, 01:11 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: When I look at the current BlackBerry line up, I'm not sure what needs to be added. There's an all-touch in the Leap (but sadly not in CDMA for DL), a standard PKB with the Classic, an out-of-the-box with the Passport, and a different OS slider with the Priv. Does BlackBerry need to bring out a lot of new devices "just because"? Remember that all previously released BB10 devices get the most current and up-to-date BB10 OS updates. There is no OS obsolescence that we see with Android where only the new devices get the OS upgrades, nor do the devices seriously lack for hardware specs for their spec range. At this point (and in my opinion), BlackBerry can focus on developing a few really well placed devices to round out the offering. I'm fine with one or two devices a year. While it may be "boring", it's certainly more practical as most people done replace their devices every year. I replace my laptop for work about every 2-3 years. Why would I want to replace my handheld device more often?

I see it as part of the "yearly" brainwashing of people's mind (to update their handheld devices)..

Presstitutes love to call it "the latest and greatest!" technology. Obviously, somebody's fueling it and they're making money out of it.

I'd rather play with my "Japanese Anime" and eat some "Apple" pie after.. :-)
[-] The following 2 users Like HYMAN's post:
  • Ninja, veeru789
(14-02-2016, 03:41 PM)Brad Wrote: So true!!!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
So true, Schmurf. I didn't mention that in my post. Indeed, OS updates give older BlackBerry phones a new lease of life. Like you, I don't replace my phone every year. I do that after a minimum of two years. So, BlackBerry not releasing a phone every year is not a big issue, though it would be nice to have the latest and greatest devices every year. Unfortunately, this is just a dream. Reality dictates otherwise. A BlackBerry phone can sell even three years after being produced. Examples include the Z10 and Z30, which are still moving today, slowly but surely.

[-] The following 1 user Likes SipoKapumba's post:
  • newcollector
BB10 devices have depreciated in price but not on the OS's performance and the devices' build quality, as oppose to others which deteriorate over the span of time.
That's why these OEMs need to release yearly devices to keep up. Otherwise, they'll head down the drain.

Having said that, it's the best time to collect "new", "used-like new" BB10 devices if you're a collector.

I just did! :-)
(14-02-2016, 06:18 PM)HYMAN Wrote: BB10 devices have depreciated in price but not on the OS's performance and the devices' build quality, as oppose to others which deteriorate over the span of time.
That's why these OEMs need to release yearly devices to keep up. Otherwise, they'll head down the drain.

Having said that, it's the best time to collect "new", "used-like new" BB10 devices if you're a collector.

I just did! :-)
Which one have you just bought?

(14-02-2016, 07:22 PM)SipoKapumba Wrote: Which one have you just bought?

Just had a used-like new Z30 (again!) as a back up to my current one. Passport SE can wait until summer this year and until the price has dropped to my budget range.

The Z30 is in pristine condition with all the original accessories and I got it for a £100. Total bargain! Can't pass up a bargain like that! LOL

Its OS is up to date. No scratches, chips or marks. Still has the plastic cover on it.

The seller said, it's an unwanted gift and he's not accustomed to the BB10 OS so he sold it. . I'll post the pic on the Z30 thread.. :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes HYMAN's post:
  • newcollector
(14-02-2016, 08:00 PM)HYMAN Wrote: Just had a used-like new Z30 (again!) as a back up to my current one. Passport SE can wait until summer this year and until the price has dropped to my budget range.

The Z30 is in pristine condition with all the original accessories and I got it for a £100. Total bargain! Can't pass up a bargain like that! LOL

Its OS is up to date. No scratches, chips or marks. Still has the plastic cover on it.

The seller said, it's an unwanted gift and he's not accustomed to the BB10 OS so he sold it. . I'll post the pic on the Z30 thread.. :-)
The Valentine's promotional price on the Passport is good. $400! What price range are you looking at?

(14-02-2016, 10:50 PM)SipoKapumba Wrote: The Valentine's promotional price on the Passport is good. $400! What price range are you looking at?

£250-300. :-)
(15-02-2016, 12:51 AM)HYMAN Wrote: £250-300. :-)
Passport's going for £349, slightly above your upper limit. Perhaps you can chance a brand new one which somebody bought but didn't like or one which somebody got as a gift but didn't like.

(15-02-2016, 01:30 AM)SipoKapumba Wrote: Passport's going for £349, slightly above your upper limit. Perhaps you can chance a brand new one which somebody bought but didn't like or one which somebody got as a gift but didn't like.

Amazon UK had a bargain of Passport SE before priced at £340, brand new. And for some reason, people jump on and bought it all at once. :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes HYMAN's post:
  • SipoKapumba
could be retailers who bought it and will resell for a slightly higher price.