Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many devices has JC canceled?
My beloved Milan slider must have been cancelled before he got there :((
Well, if you look carefully at the design language a lot of the phones have gone through a lot of redesign.
I'm the UTB Godzilla.
Using the BlackBerry KEYone
Well if you notice other than the classic the passport and the z3 have very similar design...

We also don't know how is building the passport...
(22-06-2014, 04:48 AM)ray689 Wrote: Nor sure how many if any more week cancelled but I do believe a high end touch will come. It won't be this year however in my opinion. There was talk that a torch style slider was cancelled but not sure about that.
Reading this in 2016 makes me appreciate how well informed ray689 was. Though the details were sketchy, it appears he heard rumours of the Priv.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Don't think Priv was the target. Slider yes, but not Priv that far back.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(13-02-2016, 08:46 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Don't think Priv was the target. Slider yes, but not Priv that far back.
:). I just assumed. A BB 10 slider then? We're any test devices made?

Maybe this was the high end touch.. that was cancelled(?)
Windermere aka Manitoba aka Z50. :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(13-02-2016, 03:32 PM)HYMAN Wrote: Maybe this was the high end touch.. that was cancelled(?)
Windermere aka Manitoba aka Z50. :-)
Interesting. It is sad that there will be no new BB 10 phones this year, but then, sales are so slow that it does not make sense to just produce phones which will not be bought in large enough numbers.

When I look at the current BlackBerry line up, I'm not sure what needs to be added. There's an all-touch in the Leap (but sadly not in CDMA for DL), a standard PKB with the Classic, an out-of-the-box with the Passport, and a different OS slider with the Priv. Does BlackBerry need to bring out a lot of new devices "just because"? Remember that all previously released BB10 devices get the most current and up-to-date BB10 OS updates. There is no OS obsolescence that we see with Android where only the new devices get the OS upgrades, nor do the devices seriously lack for hardware specs for their spec range. At this point (and in my opinion), BlackBerry can focus on developing a few really well placed devices to round out the offering. I'm fine with one or two devices a year. While it may be "boring", it's certainly more practical as most people done replace their devices every year. I replace my laptop for work about every 2-3 years. Why would I want to replace my handheld device more often?
[-] The following 3 users Like Schmurf.'s post:
  • Brad, newcollector, Ninja
(14-02-2016, 01:11 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: When I look at the current BlackBerry line up, I'm not sure what needs to be added. There's an all-touch in the Leap (but sadly not in CDMA for DL), a standard PKB with the Classic, an out-of-the-box with the Passport, and a different OS slider with the Priv. Does BlackBerry need to bring out a lot of new devices "just because"? Remember that all previously released BB10 devices get the most current and up-to-date BB10 OS updates. There is no OS obsolescence that we see with Android where only the new devices get the OS upgrades, nor do the devices seriously lack for hardware specs for their spec range. At this point (and in my opinion), BlackBerry can focus on developing a few really well placed devices to round out the offering. I'm fine with one or two devices a year. While it may be "boring", it's certainly more practical as most people done replace their devices every year. I replace my laptop for work about every 2-3 years. Why would I want to replace my handheld device more often?

So true!!!