Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many devices has JC canceled?
Here is the thing. Z3 was rushed. It came out in a record time, and it was probably to replace what I would say a fail device, which would be a Z5. Looks ugly and cheap.
We also know Kopi was canceled. It's a slightly different Q5, and really, no reason for it. Also ugly and looks cheap.

But did he also cancel a "high end touch"? I think one is coming out (long story why I think this, but it has a lot higher resolution), maybe it just wasn't all that high end everyone wanted? If they delievered another device which wouldn't have the specs everyone wants (but not needs!), people wouldn't buy and JC knows this.

Do you think he canceled more? Phones, let's forget the rest of them.
I wouldn't say the Z3 was rushed at all! It's a different way of doing things than BlackBerry has done before. Foxconn can produce devices fast, and they did. Making deadlines finally. The Z3 in my opinion is a beautiful device. Have you seen one? Heads and shoulders above competition phones in that class. Kopi, I will agree was ugly. Never understood that whole design. And wasn't that cancelled pre-Chen? I could be wrong there. And just because we've only seen PKB devices, it doesn't mean that's all that's coming. ;-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • ClarkAaron27
I think Z3 was released very quickly, and it doesn't look ugly on a picture. I have no idea how they made the changes for smaller screen so quickly. Unless of course one of the other planned devices had the same.
(22-06-2014, 05:16 AM)ItzJustMeh Wrote: I think Z3 was released very quickly, and it doesn't look ugly on a picture. I have no idea how they made the changes for smaller screen so quickly. Unless of course one of the other planned devices had the same.

Changes for a smaller screen? The Z3 is a larger screen. I'm confused. Lol

You mean for the classic? That's been in the works for a while now.
Sorry, I meant small resolution. They HAD to make some changes, Cascades was designed for min 720p.
Oh! I get what you're saying. Perhaps it's the same way the Z30 automatically scales up? I really don't know. Gotta look in to that. Or hope someone wanders along that knows. :)
If I use metrics available in some Android manufacturer's (home grown in Malaysia) sales people's words, or whatever they told me of their devices...

BlackBerry z3 is considered "slow". Even if its the fastest ever from ground up to production by BlackBerry (it has to be, since BlackBerry isn't historically fast-launching with their devices).

But I'm not sure how OP has the idea that BlackBerry "rushed" the z3.
I'm the UTB Godzilla.
Using the BlackBerry KEYone
Don't know how many. But we know John Chen wouldn't hesitate at all to cancel a device he didn't think was a good idea.
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
Well for a lot of the devices cancelled, I think its a right move. The design language on that kind of is a rip off of the Samsung and HTC designs.

The newer BlackBerry designs in Z3, Q20 Classic and Windermere are a lot different, but they are consistently of the same design language.
I'm the UTB Godzilla.
Using the BlackBerry KEYone