Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I odd?
I know I am potentially going to get all kinds of pointed remarks with a title like this, but here me out. One of the nice characteristics of the Z10 is the ease of one-handed use. I am right handed, but I just realized that when it comes to one-handed operation, I use my left hand.

After thinking on this for a bit, I realize that it is easier for me to see the keyboard so I can flick the words quicker. I was wondering if I am one odd duck.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  •
Hmm I use my right hand when one handing it, not for any particular reason just that I use my right hand everything. Just yesterday I was forced to send a text using only my left hand (was carrying my niece with the other arm) and experienced no difficulty at all. Hardly any difference. So, no, not odd at all!
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
Even though I'm right handed, I have noticed that, even though a little slower, I can use my z10 and z30 rather well with my left. It's even more easier with my left when I use the z10. I guess it's just the lack of practice with my left thumb.
I'm the same as you, newcollector.
I carry my phone in my left pocket and I'm right handed. It's not uncommon for me to use any of my devices (past and present) with my left hand. For tasks that take a little longer than normal, I switch to two hands, and occasionally I'll switch off from using left-handed to right-handed. I do tend to prefer right-handed use with my Z30 whenever possible.

So no, I'd say you're not odd, just ambidextrous when it comes to cell phone use.
Well thanks for not taking the opening I offered with my "odd" title. I really expected bigglybobblyboo to hop on that. ;) I do have to say, if someone is not ambidextrous it is me, except for my phone.

I carry my phone in my left shirt pocket or my left pants pocket. I do everything right handed except when it comes to one-handed use of my phone. Oh well, I will cease trying to analyze and just do what works for me.
I'm right handed. And generally use my phone in my left hand if I'm going one handed. But usually if I'm using it one handed it's because I'm doing something else that requires my dominant hand. No, nothing dirty Undbiter!! Y'know, like mowing the lawn, cooking, driving... oops. nevermind.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
(14-06-2014, 06:26 AM)Brad Wrote: I'm right handed. And generally use my phone in my left hand if I'm going one handed. But usually if I'm using it one handed it's because I'm doing something else that requires my dominant hand. No, nothing dirty Undbiter!! Y'know, like mowing the lawn, cooking, driving... oops. nevermind.

Bwahahaha!
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
I'm a lefty, but I'm used to living in a right-handed world, so I adjust. Mostly, I use my left hand to perform tasks and hold it in my right.

I'm right handed and sometimes I feel like I'm stretching my thumb to reach the left side of the keyboard. Or even to reach the top of the device, to launch an app. I'm currently using my Q10 for a few weeks...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk