Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 World Cup Thread
I'll be up at six for it
Brazil will win. Except for a few players (Luka Modric) Croatia has no real stars.
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
(10-06-2014, 11:34 AM)web99 Wrote: Hello BlackBerrians!

For those of you who are soccer fans, the 2014 World Cup begins this week Thursday, June 12th with host country Brazil playing against Croatia.

Below is a link to all the scheduled games from the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football, Association) website

2014 World Cup Scheduled Games

One app that I have downloaded from BlackBerry World is called 2014 June Cup by s42

2014 June Cup Download

It is an Android port, but in terms of features, it is the best World Cup app that I have found. And it is free!!

It has the following features, which I have quoted from the app developer

Quote:* We have an Unique and Spectacular design!
* Play by play in live
* The ability to schedule games on your phone with one click to not forget any
* The ability to show the results table instantly with stats
* You can find the statistics of the leading scorers in the tournament
* Ability to share information in social networks, Become an expert!
* Notifications of events worldwide
* Automatic detection of the event times in your country
* Available in 3 languages ​​ENGLISH, SPANISH AND PORTUGUESE

As a soccer fan myself, I've been waiting 4 years for this and I'm hoping that my team does well.

Cheers

Web99

I got it web. It's very straightforward and besides the Spanish words I like it.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Downloaded as well :)
Well I saw some amazing football today, albeit most of it highlights as I was at work, but I caught some of the Australia vs Chile match and it was pretty exciting.
So that wraps another world cup day. The Italy vs England match was the most exciting by far!
[-] The following 1 user Likes undbiter65's post:
  • james pisano
I thought that Italy vs England was the best football I'd seen in the Cup thus far; can any more experienced football fans tell me if that's true? Are they the two best teams to play up until that point?
I would say that's pretty spot on James. Although the Dutch against Spain was also pretty good stuff. I'm waiting to see what Germany has in store.
I'm looking forward to see France vs Honduras and Argentina vs Bosnia matches today.
Posted via my BlackBerry Priv.
Quite disappointed with the France/Honduras game. France showed little in the way of imagination and positive play, and Honduras were thugs in frustration. 3 - 0 didn't reflect the meat of the match. I'm hoping Bosnia beat France, not sure I'd like to see them make the final 16.