Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 World Cup Thread
Hello BlackBerrians!

For those of you who are soccer fans, the 2014 World Cup begins this week Thursday, June 12th with host country Brazil playing against Croatia.

Below is a link to all the scheduled games from the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football, Association) website

2014 World Cup Scheduled Games

One app that I have downloaded from BlackBerry World is called 2014 June Cup by s42

2014 June Cup Download

It is an Android port, but in terms of features, it is the best World Cup app that I have found. And it is free!!

It has the following features, which I have quoted from the app developer

Quote:* We have an Unique and Spectacular design!
* Play by play in live
* The ability to schedule games on your phone with one click to not forget any
* The ability to show the results table instantly with stats
* You can find the statistics of the leading scorers in the tournament
* Ability to share information in social networks, Become an expert!
* Notifications of events worldwide
* Automatic detection of the event times in your country
* Available in 3 languages ​​ENGLISH, SPANISH AND PORTUGUESE

As a soccer fan myself, I've been waiting 4 years for this and I'm hoping that my team does well.

Cheers

Web99
Posted via my BlackBerry Priv.
[-] The following 1 user Likes web99's post:
  • veeru789
That's for the link Web. I'll be following Chile to support my wife's home team.

BlackBerry z30...my weapon of choice.
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
Thanks for the hit up web99. I'm starting to get all of my gear together to bunker down for this competition.
I support England....Rooooneeeeyyyyy! ;)
(10-06-2014, 04:31 PM)veeru789 Wrote: I support England....Rooooneeeeyyyyy! ;)

I'm just hoping Australia don't turn out to disappointing a campaign. It kinda sucks being the worst ranked team in the competition.
Ill be following Mexico! \m/ although I think it might be that Spain takes it again. The amount of talent on that squad is just incredible.
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
It appears web99, that you can also add the matches as events to the calendar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chaplain_Clancy's post:
  • web99
(10-06-2014, 10:13 PM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote:
(10-06-2014, 04:31 PM)veeru789 Wrote: I support England....Rooooneeeeyyyyy! ;)

I'm just hoping Australia don't turn out to disappointing a campaign. It kinda sucks being the worst ranked team in the competition.

Can't be champions in all sports. Auz has a good cricket and rugby teams right? Well cricket not so much recently.
And Rugby is a bit Meh at the moment. We have the Canadian Grand Prix champion, but that's kind of a sore point around here.
#BBisAwesomeGate
9800>9900>Q10>Passport>Priv all alongside my trusty PlayBook
(11-06-2014, 07:19 AM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: It appears web99, that you can also add the matches as events to the calendar.

That will be an excellent option for me to keep track of my team, Brazil. They play tomorrow :)
Posted via my BlackBerry Priv.