Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is not how a fan site acts
(05-06-2014, 09:47 AM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: While I can understand the rants about CrackBerry, most of us here agree that to talk about CrackBerry (in the forums only) is to talk about BlackBerry since CrackBerry have just as much of a role to play in BlackBerry's hard times as any of the major media networks. I wonder if it would be a good idea to actually have a category in the forums which is dedicated to CrackBerry Venting...perhaps call it CB Counselling Corner
I believe somebody started a thread with that very idea in mind lol. Specifically to vent
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
I understand a thread, but threads disappear into the ether as new ones take their place. If we had a specific area with various different discussion thread, perhaps that's a way for people to avoid the CB rants if they want to.
(05-06-2014, 09:47 AM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: While I can understand the rants about CrackBerry, most of us here agree that to talk about CrackBerry (in the forums only) is to talk about BlackBerry since CrackBerry have just as much of a role to play in BlackBerry's hard times as any of the major media networks.

How in God's name and that of all that is holy and unholy do you make that ridiculous leap? That tail does not wag that dog.

Quote: I wonder if it would be a good idea to actually have a category in the forums which is dedicated to CrackBerry Venting...perhaps call it CB Counselling Corner

And this is how a fan site acts? If this is the best and most productive way you can think of to spend your time, then maybe you all do need counseling. SMH.
Or we can just discuss about an act on a supposed fan site, and what we would have done. Either way, we are talking about an act, not that entity.
I'm the UTB Godzilla.
Using the BlackBerry KEYone
[-] The following 1 user Likes badiyee's post:
  • Robert
(04-06-2014, 12:24 PM)RedFoxOne Wrote: "I have done cold app testing on the 4 major platforms by selling a simple game for 99c.
No marketing:
BlackBerry sales 2,000
IOS, 21
Android, 15
Windows, 2
When you don't market apps, sell for 99c, and just toss them out - blackberry is the best platform.
I'm testing again this year with in-app sale apps. And then advert apps."
By KermEd

Also another lengthy gem by Flip4Bytes a bit further down to debunk kevin's bull.

Although the 30% back to developers is a nice incentives and I guess can be done for a limited time maybe?

And "affiliate program" my *****. I agree with hurds that's just his greed showing up. Keeps trashing BlackBerry but wanting to make money of it from whatever way possible. 10% just from publishing app review??? So BlackBerry should give 20% (30 - 10 "affiliate program") back to developers and 10% to trollberry?? Oh my.... all those junk app reviews by trollberry can just be thrown to the sea. and the stupid BB10 OS tutorial posts... that's so ridiculous.

Excellent developer insight RedFox. Funny, but maybe the complete saturation of useless, repetitive apps in i-world or whatever, makes any one app get "lost in a sea of mediocrity." NOT saying your app was mediocre, just that it's tough to get noticed in all that "noise..."

(05-06-2014, 11:22 PM)Danny Linguini Wrote:
(05-06-2014, 09:47 AM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: While I can understand the rants about CrackBerry, most of us here agree that to talk about CrackBerry (in the forums only) is to talk about BlackBerry since CrackBerry have just as much of a role to play in BlackBerry's hard times as any of the major media networks.

How in God's name and that of all that is holy and unholy do you make that ridiculous leap? That tail does not wag that dog.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Danny- I think anyone who likes BB and wants them to succeed sees clearly that CB has lost it's value to BB in terms of supporting the brand. I'm sure at one point CB was a boon for BB in terms of marketing and customer satisfaction, but those days are long gone. Take a step back and you'll see there is some negatively spun news coming out of that site.

Quote: I wonder if it would be a good idea to actually have a category in the forums which is dedicated to CrackBerry Venting...perhaps call it CB Counselling Corner

And this is how a fan site acts? If this is the best and most productive way you can think of to spend your time, then maybe you all do need counseling. SMH.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Danny- I'm sure we're both aware this isn't the "best, most productive" was to spend our time, we're venting about the lackluster, negative reporting that goes on at CB. And if you have logical faculties, your very presence here and comments is an indictment of you just as you claim our thread is an indictment of us.

I see that you have the CB logo next to your name- are you sure this is where you want to be? :)
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook

Yes Danny THIS is how a fan site acts. I know this is all new to you and is obviously coming as a bit of a shock so please have a lie down and pop back in a bit.

First of all UTB did NOT start this thread. It was user. Second, go to ANY site not CB and you'll see them getting bashed. They're THAT bad. It's the very reason sites like ours were built. To get away from all that negativity and the outright lies. CB is spreading lies, simply because they're another "fan" site doesn't mean we'll turn a blind eye. You'd be getting the SAME reaction from us (and if you do some searching you'll see that we have reacted in the same way) if it was CNN, BGR, or any other news outlets were to have reported that. We're not out to bash CB or any site in particular, but if they spread lies the record must be set straight. Simple as that. We're BLACKBERRY fans. Not fans to any site. If they choose to spread lies, well what can we do?
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
Thread moved to The Locker Room section. This area can be used for Rants and Soapbox threads. Feel free to discuss your opinions here but make sure to keep it clean.

BlackBerry z30...my weapon of choice.
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
Man....

I don't even I have ever been this rabid. Someone must have bumped their head, crawling under the bridge.
**Trolling Comments Removed**

Warning: Danny, if you came here to join in with a BlackBerry fan community, welcome.

You can also ignore threads that you don't like.

If you came here to troll, you know where the door is.

-Brad