Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple iCloud hacked by Dutch gang
Just to be clear, people who own iphones cannot be hacked? I hate to see anyone be taken advantage of.
(24-05-2014, 10:22 AM)TgeekB Wrote: Just to be clear, people who own iphones cannot be hacked? I hate to see anyone be taken advantage of.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the iphone's they're unlocking were stolen phones. Which isn't good for iPhone owners. Although, even with the ability to lock them down they're still being stolen. So this just makes it more lucrative. The issue is, what else can they do? Just because they've only unlocked phones so far doesn't mean that's all they can do.

But more importantly, from what I've seen, they discovered the security hole, and reported it to Apple that didn't care to fix it. Now, they're making Apple pay. From where I stand, it looks like they're not out to hurt people, but prove to people that Apple doesn't care about their security. So the semantics of it, is it right what they're doing? Of course not. Was it right what Apple did, er.... didn't do? of course not. Will what the hackers are doing force Apple to do what is right? Probably. So I guess.... what's more wrong?
That's the worst part, that it sounds like they went to Apple but they didn't listen. Iphones are also currently that "luxury" item that draws thieves because they are popular. Now that they can be hacked it makes it more inviting. Sad really.
My sister and her clan are mired deep in the iWorld, I sent her this link to UTB article and told her to make sure she / they were safe. She loved my Z30 last time I saw her and gave a quick overview. I am just waiting for the call for me to help her set her new phone up, I know it is coming :)
[-] The following 3 users Like Bastakiatavich's post:
  • , TgeekB, veeru789
(24-05-2014, 11:50 PM)Bastakiatavich Wrote: My sister and her clan are mired deep in the iWorld, I sent her this link to UTB article and told her to make sure she / they were safe. She loved my Z30 last time I saw her and gave a quick overview. I am just waiting for the call for me to help her set her new phone up, I know it is coming :)

That is a very positive way to do it. I bet you'll get that phone call!
(24-05-2014, 11:50 PM)Bastakiatavich Wrote: My sister and her clan are mired deep in the iWorld, I sent her this link to UTB article and told her to make sure she / they were safe. She loved my Z30 last time I saw her and gave a quick overview. I am just waiting for the call for me to help her set her new phone up, I know it is coming :)

Keep us posted man! I always enjoy a good conversion story :P
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"