Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z10 battery life?
My Z10 has decent battery life. I use it as my daily driver and it always gets me through the day. It's over two years old and with each update has only gotten better.
Mind you it doesn't have quite the same battery life as my Z30, but that's a given.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

(07-12-2015, 07:51 AM)mscloutier Wrote: My Z10 has decent battery life. I use it as my daily driver and it always gets me through the day.  It's over two years old and with each update has only gotten better.  
Mind you it doesn't have quite the same battery life as my Z30, but that's a given.

Nice to hear that. I always had to carry a spare battery when using the Z10. That prompted me to buy an external charger bundle from BlackBerry. However, when I got my Z30, I have been managing to get though the day without any trouble.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SipoKapumba's post:
  • mscloutier
When I was using my Z10, I was charging it daily and usually topping it up partway through the way. My wife used it for a while and she would get through the day on a single charge. My son now uses is as he destroyed his iPhone in a fit of pique (quite amazing and dramatic too, and not too difficult to bend the aluminum). H says he charges it every 2-3 days. I'm sure if I was back on it that I would be charging it up partway through the day again.
So, Z10 battery life depends on usage, looking at your example. If one is a heavy user, especially if one is outside WiFi, the battery will drain quicker.
Z10 definitely wont last a day on heavy usage. But with every update the battery performance keeps getting better. My P9982, which is same as a Z10 lasts me a day on mild usage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes veeru789's post:
  • mscloutier
(07-12-2015, 03:51 PM)SipoKapumba Wrote: So, Z10 battery life depends on usage, looking at your example. If one is a heavy user, especially if one is outside WiFi, the battery will drain quicker.

Definitely. Even with the huge battery on my Passport, there are days I run out before the end of the day.
I was a battery switcher so I could make it thru the day when I was on the Z10. Great phone, but it needs a bigger battery. Even with all the OS updates, it needs a bigger battery.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • Brad
I agree, it could have done with a bigger battery.
That's why there is a Z30. :)
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Its very rare that my passport runs out of charge before the end of the day. as a matter of fact, cant recollect when it last happened.