Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z10 battery life?
So. I've recently obtained a 30. I passed on the Z10 to my mother to replace her Q10. And she LOVES it. Well now she does. She absolutely hated it for the first couple of weeks but has gotten the hang of the OS and is in love. She likes the bigger screen, the size, the screen is much brighter, etc.

However she's making a claim I hadn't heard before. She says the Z10 battery life is phenomenonal. Much better, according to her, than the Q10. She says she gets a couple more hours of use out of it. She's a HEAVY user as well so when I passed it along I warned her the battery life wouldn't be so great. But apparently she hasn't faced that problem. Now to be fair her previous device before BlackBerry 10 was an iphone. So in comparison, it would be better but I thought compared to the Q it would be a step down.

Now I haven't used the Q10 as my main device and actually haven't used it much so I wouldn't be able to compare. For other members who have used both extensively, how does it compare?
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
I think the latest updates have made the phone better. but again not sure how it compares with the Q10. I only used to for a while and not as my primary device.
Same here Veeru. Just goes against what I've heard, Q10 was supposed to be better battery-wise.
With tweaks to not allowing social apps to update in the background, turning down the brightness of the screen, you can get 8 plus hours on a Z10. The Q10 should get much better battery life. It has a bigger battery, amoled screen, and smaller screen than the Z10. Did she switch carriers? Or was she spending more time in an area with a weak signal with her Q? Sometimes signal strength can really drain a battery.
(23-05-2014, 03:49 AM)newcollector Wrote: With tweaks to not allowing social apps to update in the background, turning down the brightness of the screen, you can get 8 plus hours on a Z10. The Q10 should get much better battery life. It has a bigger battery, amoled screen, and smaller screen than the Z10. Did she switch carriers? Or was she spending more time in an area with a weak signal with her Q? Sometimes signal strength can really drain a battery.
Hmm, nope. No change. And she has wifi, bluetooth, nfc, and screen brightness all the way up. She makes no effort for it to save battery at all. Who knows. Maybe she's just crazy :P lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes undbiter65's post:
  • newcollector
I get amazing battery life out of my Z10, although its not my daily driver anymore, I use it to manage social media accounts for work and as a test device.
Its currently running an official 10.2.1 OS, Ive had it last for more then 24hrs. Although I would assume your mum is using hers much more frequently.
Here's the thing though, its only running on wifi, no mobile network since Ive left the sim out (a long story for another time) maybe Im just crazy but it seems to make a substantial difference.
When I was using my Z10 as my DD, I really never had an issue with battery, it comfortably lasted me through my work day, till I got home, Ive never experienced the wall-hugger disease. In fact the only time my Z10 never ran out of juice was when I candy-crushed the life out of it.
But otherwise I really never had complaints about my Z10 or its battery, since release day, and still dont.
Im also lucky enough to have an STL100-1, so I never experienced the issues that other early adopters faced.
Your blissful iGnorance may shield you from the rest of the world but it can't save you from yourself.... or Google
Hmm might be that. She mostly stays at home where their is wifi. *pensive*
(27-05-2014, 01:49 PM)undbiter65 Wrote: Hmm might be that. She mostly stays at home where their is wifi. *pensive*

Whether it is as you suggested earlier or that she is on wifi, I am just glad she gets that great battery life.
(31-05-2014, 04:28 AM)newcollector Wrote:
(27-05-2014, 01:49 PM)undbiter65 Wrote: Hmm might be that. She mostly stays at home where their is wifi. *pensive*

Whether it is as you suggested earlier or that she is on wifi, I am just glad she gets that great battery life.
Yup. I watched with pride yesterday as she showed off the Time Shift feature to a friend lol.
(31-05-2014, 08:03 AM)undbiter65 Wrote:
(31-05-2014, 04:28 AM)newcollector Wrote:

Yup. I watched with pride yesterday as she showed off the Time Shift feature to a friend lol.

If she keeps going like this, she will become a blogger of UTB!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • undbiter65