Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to build an Autoloader with Darcy's DBBTool
Here is a MEGA and DropBox link for DBBTool 1.9.0.2 and 2.0.0.0 for all you people who like to do things your way...

DBBTool 1.9.0.2 - MEGA Link

DBBTool 1.9.0.2 - DropBox Link

*DBBTool 2.1.0.1 Requires .net Framework 4.5+*

DBBTool 2.1.0.1 *New BAR Import function*

I've had a chance to test this latest build before Darcy uploaded and I lust say that it works really nice. You now have an option to import BARs to your phone like in Sachesi. The difference here is that you can first create a list of BARs and then push them to you phone.

DBBTool 2.0.0.0 - MEGA LInk

DBBTool 2.0.0.0 - DropBox Link

After you have downloaded and extracted DBBT, you will need to open the folder and run DBBTool.exe.

Once you have opened DBBT you will see the following screen.

This screen is where you will select the files that wish to use to build an autoloader.

In the first row you will select the browse button which has a weird red circle.

This will take you to the following screen.

In this screen I have chosen the Debrick OS becuase we will be creating a full autoloader. After you have chosen the file you will be returned to the initial screen:

I guess you can pretty much get the idea of how this works so far. Next we will choose the Radio File for our device:

When you select the browse button on the second row you will be brought back to the screen where you selected the OS file:

Once the Radio file has been chosen you will be returned again to the initial screen. Here you will see that you have the path for bth files to be used. *NOTE* Before we continue you can edit the source files that are to be used. Please verify the file paths before proceeding to the next step.

After verifying the paths to the files that are to be used you will only need to enter the name for the Autoloader you are about to build as seen in the weird red circle. When you have entered the name, your next step is to select the build it button.

Now sit back and wait a moment for the Autoloader to be built. It won't take long for this to happen and you will see the progress of the build at the bottom of the screen. Once it reaches 100%, navigate to the folder where you extracted DBBT. This will be the same folder where you ran DBBTool.exe in the first step of this tutorial:

There you go...you have just built your very own autoloader.

All you do now is make sure BlackBerry Link is closed, run the Autoloader and wait for the prompt to Connect to Boot Rom for you to connect your device to the laptop or PC with a USB cable.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS IS A DESTRUCTIVE PROCESS. THE AUTOLOADER WILL PERFORM A STANDARD WIPE ON YOUR DEVICE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO LOSE YOUR SETTINGS OR APP DATA, MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOU DATA FIRST.

i always recommend performing a Security Wipe on your device but that choice is up to you.

Enjoy.

Robert.
[-] The following 8 users Like Robert's post:
  • Azensun, BlackJack, DickLewis13, Mecca EL, newcollector, Rural Geek, Spade, undbiter65
Thanks Robert, very consise and easy writeup
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nnik's post:
  • Mecca EL
(22-08-2014, 11:53 AM)Nnik Wrote: Thanks Robert, very consise and easy writeup

Thanks. Figured i might as well. I have been bombarded all afternoon on BBM with questions and requests.

Thank God I have a BlackBerry to help me keep up.

Big_smile2
[-] The following 3 users Like Robert's post:
  • Chaplain_Clancy, Mecca EL, Moodyk
Damn good write up!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Mecca EL's post:
  • Moodyk, Robert
(22-08-2014, 12:00 PM)Mecca EL Wrote: Damn good write up!!!

Thanks Mecca. Coming from you, it's one hell of a compliment. Big_smile2
[-] The following 2 users Like Robert's post:
  • Azensun, Moodyk
This was very helpful in getting me up and going with 10.3 this time around Robert. I was thinking that it might be worth putting on the front page, but then we're really talking about playing around with leaks aren't we? Something which should be in the hands of those who know what they're doing. Regardless how many warnings are placed on the thing. Also something the new Gov wants us to stop.
(22-08-2014, 08:07 PM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: This was very helpful in getting me up and going with 10.3 this time around Robert. I was thinking that it might be worth putting on the front page, but then we're really talking about playing around with leaks aren't we? Something which should be in the hands of those who know what they're doing. Regardless how many warnings are placed on the thing. Also something the new Gov wants us to stop.

No problem Chap.

And you'r right about making this a sticky. I'll be moving this to the Official and Leaks Forum in as soon as I get some work done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robert's post:
  • MissoulaMarinerFan
Great job! I might even have the confidence to build my own autoloader after reading this!

What's a autoloader.
(23-08-2014, 04:59 PM)BlackJack Wrote: What's a autoloader.

A rejected transformer..

-Keeping it real since '84-
[-] The following 2 users Like Spade's post:
  • Azensun, Robert