Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBM Split - Thoughts?
With the recent announcement of the BBM development split between Android/iOS consumer and BB10/Corporate prosumer, what is everyone's thoughts?

Personally I attribute it to the consumer side not having the knowledge to maintain BB10. Others have forecast more dire consequences for BB10.
Check out this blog by Brad:

http://utbblogs.com/blackberrys-official...bbm-split/

Changes that none are happy about.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Yeah, I read it when it came out. As usual, many people jumped onto the train to negativity and crapped all over it. However, when you think about it the people at BBM consumer haven't done Jack $#!+ for BBM on BB10. Probably because they don't have the people who can code for BB10. So keeping the consumer side with the corporate developers may actually result in some improvements being rolled out for BB10.
I doubt much is going to be done for BB10 going forward. Those devices are fewer and fewer and soon there will be none.

I don't like that you can't switch back and forth, but a new bbid is no problem to create. Getting your contacts to transfer could be another issue. Oh well, it is what it is. And once again BlackBerry should have clued people in before the change got out.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Bold line in quote is what I've read is a huge complaint, no one likes the change either.

(09-09-2017, 04:12 AM)newcollector Wrote: I doubt much is going to be done for BB10 going forward. Those devices are fewer and fewer and soon there will be none.

I don't like that you can't switch back and forth, but a new bbid is no problem to create. Getting your contacts to transfer could be another issue. Oh well, it is what it is. And once again BlackBerry should have clued people in before the change got out.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
The thing is, that many of us trust BlackBerry, but not necessarily those other guys running the servers for Android BBM.
When BlackBerry eventually makes BB10 end of life, I guess that'll be the end of BlackBerry having anything to do with consumer BBM.
Wait and see is the best way to go.
What are you saying.... It hasn't reached end of life yet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
So long as my Passport continues to kick *****, it hasn't.

(17-09-2017, 02:59 PM)00masterchief Wrote: What are you saying.... It hasn't reached end of life yet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk