Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KEYone Keyboard.
As I'm sure a few have heard I bought keyone,what I'm trying to figure out is when swipeing down on the keyboard on my Priv I get the symbols but while shipping down on the KEYᴼᴺᴱ keyboard I don't, is there a settings I need to turn on? I know I can bring it up by pressing the SYM button but I don't like that as I'm not use to it. As you can see in the picture I use SYM to bring up my customized emoji screen. Any ideas?İmage

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
I believe I have read that swiping down for symbols is not available on the KEYone.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • ClarkAaron27
(11-06-2017, 12:30 PM)newcollector Wrote: I believe I have read that swiping down for symbols is not available on the KEYone.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Oh Dang! I love that option.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
Yes it's not there, perhaps they will bring it back but personally it's a bit redundant when you can hit the Sym button to do the exact.

I initially missed it but not it has become a second nature. It was introduced on Passport because it didn't have an Alt or Sym key.

Sent from my KEYᵒⁿᵉ
(11-06-2017, 02:27 PM)theBond Wrote: Yes it's not there, perhaps they will bring it back but personally it's a bit redundant when you can hit the Sym button to do the exact.

I initially missed it but not it has become a second nature. It was introduced on Passport because it didn't have an Alt or Sym key.

Sent from my KEYᵒⁿᵉ

Hey Bond, how are you? Great to see you here at UTB!!!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
After going back and forth, I've settled on turning the gestures off on my Priv keyboard. I can hit the sym key for symbols, and select the predictions from the bottom of my screen as I did with my Q10 and Q20. I find I hold my Priv by the keyboard when the screen is slid up and it interferes with my scrolling. I also too often accidentally activate the symbols while typing. I do miss swiping back to delete words, but holding down the delete key works fine. I also miss being able to move the cursor and select text, but this way still works best for me overall.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Perhaps they will bring it back but personally it's a bit redundant when you can hit the Sym button to do the exact.