Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
site redesign
Hi Guys,
I was thinking may be UTB can have some small UI changes. Instead of the home section of forums showing different categories like site talk, general discussions, ect... why cant we have a unified forum section which can further be filtered into sub categories. more like BlackBerry HUB. it would easy to follow up on new posts, recently updated ones. also going back from a post to unified section would be easy and user friendly. what you think?

Cc: @brad
(12-05-2014, 07:51 PM)veeru789 Wrote: Hi Guys,
I was thinking may be UTB can have some small UI changes. Instead of the home section of forums showing different categories like site talk, general discussions, ect... why cant we have a unified forum section which can further be filtered into sub categories. more like BlackBerry HUB. it would easy to follow up on new posts, recently updated ones. also going back from a post to unified section would be easy and user friendly. what you think?

Cc: @brad

Hi Veeru,

I've actually been considering something like this for some time now. I'm definitely open to suggestions. I'm glad you started this thread as it will be good for others to give opinions as well.

Robert.

BlackBerry z30...my weapon of choice.
"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robert's post:
  • veeru789
I always thought that the word-press hosting made UI changes difficult because you are working with a pre-built platform. Not knocking the ideas Veeru, just wondering about the possibility with current hosting capabilities.

It may take a few subscriptions for the boys to get their own domain and start to implement some ideas.
Agree. Just throwing out ideas. What ever can be implemented within the limits.
(13-05-2014, 02:24 PM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: I always thought that the word-press hosting made UI changes difficult because you are working with a pre-built platform. Not knocking the ideas Veeru, just wondering about the possibility with current hosting capabilities.

It may take a few subscriptions for the boys to get their own domain and start to implement some ideas.

WordPress is pre-built in a way but does allow for plug-ins and customization. It all depends on what you're looking to do. I try to stay away from plug-ins because the more you use the slower it gets. This is very custom coding comes into play.

"Encryption is the defense against the dark arts in the digital realm" - Edward Snowden
Any chance a "participated" section could be added? That'd be awesome. I'd be more than happy
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes undbiter65's post:
  • james pisano
(14-05-2014, 11:47 AM)undbiter65 Wrote: Any chance a "participated" section could be added? That'd be awesome. I'd be more than happy

Im sorry didn't understand. participated meaning ?
In the forums we used to frequent, their app had 'participated' so everything you added to, you could get that filtered. Tapatalk will do that with our forum now.
(14-05-2014, 10:34 AM)MePiikan LzBolaz Wrote:
(13-05-2014, 02:24 PM)Chaplain_Clancy Wrote: I always thought that the word-press hosting made UI changes difficult because you are working with a pre-built platform. Not knocking the ideas Veeru, just wondering about the possibility with current hosting capabilities.

WordPress is pre-built in a way but does allow for plug-ins and customization. It all depends on what you're looking to do. I try to stay away from plug-ins because the more you use the slower it gets. This is very custom coding comes into play.

That was the point I was trying to make. Thanks mate.
(14-05-2014, 02:17 PM)Brad Wrote: In the forums we used to frequent, their app had 'participated' so everything you added to, you could get that filtered. Tapatalk will do that with our forum now.

It will? Is Tapatalk worth it?
"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"