Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackBerry Travel
Having recently moved from Passport to the excellent KEYone there is one app missing from my life and that is BlackBerry Travel. Have searched and searched but cannot find any news of whether this very useful app will become available on BlackBerry Android devices. Anyone?
Looked it up on BB World
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore...trycode=US
No updates since July 11, 2013, so it seems contacting the Dev would be the way to go.

(28-05-2017, 12:31 PM)passport4077 Wrote: Having recently moved from Passport to the excellent KEYone there is one app missing from my life and that is BlackBerry Travel. Have searched and searched but cannot find any news of whether this very useful app will become available on BlackBerry Android devices. Anyone?
Amazing BlackBerry Priv STV100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • passport4077
Thanks. With no updates for so long I'm doubtful but you never know :)
(28-05-2017, 12:31 PM)passport4077 Wrote: Having recently moved from Passport to the excellent KEYone there is one app missing from my life and that is BlackBerry Travel. Have searched and searched but cannot find any news of whether this very useful app will become available on BlackBerry Android devices. Anyone?

I think one of the UTB folks had mentioned an Android option or replacement. I will check and see if my memory is serving me well.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • passport4077
Well, I believe they were using "Worldmate," but I'm not sure if that app is still supported. As you might imagine, there are many travel apps in the PlayStore; would one of them work for you?
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 1 user Likes james pisano's post:
  • passport4077
Thanks for the suggestions. WorldMate, been around since my Nokia days would have been a great alternative but it was removed from all app stores on March 31st this year after the owner Carlson Wagonlit pulled the plug for whatever reason. I'm aware of Tripit but think for now will continue to use CheckMyTrip powered by Amedeus, the system used by airlines and travel agents. A bit sparse on features but does the job. Fingers crossed for positive news about BlackBerry Travel on BlackBerry Android in the near future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes passport4077's post:
  • james pisano
One that some members seem to like:
Here Wego: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...e.app.maps
Amazing BlackBerry Priv STV100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • passport4077