Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priv Screen Protector
I think the protector interferes slightly with the screen sensitivity. Possibly it depends on how you applied the protector, but I was quite careful and it appears I applied it really well. In any event, I find typing with the VKB requires more deliberation when typing some of the keys on the edges of the screen, e.g. "a," and "q" specifically. I'm typing this on it, so clearly, its not that big a deal, but its definitely noticeable.

Its definitely a tradeoff I'm willing to make given the added protection for the screen.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Fair enough, seems to be the same as I found with mine. I think I'll keep it without a protector for now
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wayno's post:
  • james pisano
Currently using replacement Priv without case or screen protector.
New holster pulled screen protector off old Priv, so haven't put one on this phone yet.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
I have the Seidio Spring Clip Holster for my Priv and it doesn't interfere, DL. Maybe give that one a try.
I'll check it out. Gonna put screen protector on to test soon.
(30-04-2017, 08:36 PM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Currently using replacement Priv without case or screen protector.
New holster pulled screen protector off old Priv, so haven't put one on this phone yet.

Ouch!
Worse, new protector came off already. So completely naked Priv for now. :)
(01-05-2017, 11:54 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Worse, new protector came off already. So completely naked Priv for now. :)

Wow! I can't believe you got the same brand I did... maybe you want to try this one? This would not come off unless you grabbed the edge very deliberately and pulled it off. Its $15, but maybe its better quality.

BlackBerry Priv Screen Protector, Vikoo Full Screen Coverage 9H-Hardness Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Ultra-thin Shatterproof Anti-Scratch HD Clear

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G30DQDI/ref...EEv6GYODcn
Came off already? I found these things tend to hang on pretty good. What made it come off? Maybe screen had some surface oil from fingers? Was it cleaned properly prior to fitting?
Cleaned perfectly, wiped with cloth, tape to remove dust. Just doesn't like my holster, never happened before.
Why I absolutely hate the curved screen.

(01-05-2017, 05:55 PM)Wayno Wrote: Came off already? I found these things tend to hang on pretty good. What made it come off? Maybe screen had some surface oil from fingers? Was it cleaned properly prior to fitting?