Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to tell if someone deleted BBM
Hey guys. If someone you knew had BBM and you lost contact with them for a while, how could you tell if they still had the app? Would they continue to show up as a BBM contact? Would messages you sent to them show as delivered? Thanks!

Via BlackBerry Priv and Tapatalk
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
If they still had an active account and the same pin on an active device, then yes, I believe they would still show as a contact unless they had deleted you. Any messages you send should also show as delivered if device is on.
I think that's right. I believe the key is does the user still have a BBID and does the user have you as a contact in BBM with that BBID. If they delete you as a contact then they would disappear in your BBM contacts. And I assume if they deleted their BBID then they would likewise disappear as a contact in your BBM.

But... You can always send a test message. If it shows delivered, you know they are there. If the test message remains pending, you know they don't have a device with BBM and turned on and connected to BlackBerry.

- Ira
[-] The following 1 user Likes aiharkness's post:
  • james pisano
I think that you can try and send BBM to this contact, and if it's doesn't change to "D" maybe the user is no longer BBM user. and you can check his profile pic.

Users without profile picture also tend to be no longer active.
Send a text..... Or an invite

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
If his status says unknown then they no longer have bbm

Swiped from My BlackBerry DTEK50
Or changed bbid

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Ok. Thanks guys!

Via BlackBerry Priv and Tapatalk
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook