Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Connected Home
(31-12-2016, 12:23 AM)newcollector Wrote: My home is pretty dumb too, except for the TV. However the real issue is to secure that communication. I have some concerns there with protecting my privacy while still being able to utilize the new IoT. Hopefully BlackBerry becomes the dominant go to company for all the smart devices.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv
That would be amazing.

Via BlackBerry Priv and Tapatalk
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Monitoring my shop as likely as connected as I'll get in the next few years

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
(29-12-2016, 06:33 AM)pippimarried Wrote: Honestly, unless it can cook and clean for me, I have no use for a connected or smart home. But give me Jarvis or SARAH and I'm there. I'm still at the level where webcams freak me out. So, more connectivity just means more vulnerability.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

You just want your own personal slave! (ha ha ha just kidding... or am I?)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • pippimarried
(03-01-2017, 04:11 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: You just want your own personal slave! (ha ha ha just kidding... or am I?)
James?! Bring the ***** car 'round

(03-01-2017, 04:17 PM)Nnik Wrote: James?! Bring the ***** car 'round

Hey. If you can afford me, I'll be your chauffeur.

Via BlackBerry Priv and Tapatalk
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Has anyone heard about Whirlpool appliances getting Amazon's Alexa integration?
(05-01-2017, 01:00 PM)The_Alpha_Geek Wrote: Has anyone heard about Whirlpool appliances getting Amazon's Alexa integration?
Just heard that today. Amazon is friggin' brilliant with that they're doing with Alexa. Google and Apple will be hard pressed to catch up.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
(05-01-2017, 01:55 PM)Brad Wrote: Just heard that today. Amazon is friggin' brilliant with that they're doing with Alexa. Google and Apple will be hard pressed to catch up.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

I totally agree. Amazon even has Lenovo as a hardware partner for Alexa, with Lenovo putting out an Alexa powered speaker.