Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackBerry Android users: Do you use a different launcher on your BlackDroid phone?
Hey, all. Just wanted to know from all of you BlackDroid users out there, do you use an Android Launcher other than the BlackBerry Launcher on your smartphone? If so, which one do you use, and why?
[-] The following 1 user Likes The_Alpha_Geek's post:
  • fahed_alderbi
Nope, BlackBerry Launcher only
Same here, native only, though some use Nova Launcher.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Maybe explain the differences.... Or what they are for people that don't know.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
I only use BlackBerry Launcher as well. It's as close to stock Android as you can get, which is what I like. Anyone using one of the others should already know what they're capable of, as well as what the difference is between them and BlackBerry Launcher. But for those that don't:
The others, like Nova Launcher, allow for a whole host of customizations, from adding different dialers, to adding 3D layers, to changing the entire look of your phones U.I.
I use Nova Launcher Prime. It enables me to lock the wallpaper so it doesn't shift when I move from page to page. It allows for gestures that you can customize to launch apps or take actions. It has had a dark theme for quite a while. There are also widget customizations and much more.

Using Nova Launcher hardens me back to the old themes of BBOS. The only negative is the loss of some keyboard shortcuts.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv
Nice! @Newcollector I've been hearing good things about Nova Launcher. I think I'm going to give it a try!
Alpha geek, let me know what you think. You can try the free version and see if you like it. The paid version offers more options.

[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • The_Alpha_Geek
I'll stick with native. Tried Nova Launcher in the past, crashed my phone.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • ClarkAaron27
Strange, DL. I have never had an issue with Nova.