Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Use on Android to Replace Link?
I used Link when I had BB10, but I found having everything backed up to desktop and microSD card, that worked better.
When I reinstalled the OS, I always start from scratch, except for media.
Therefore, I didn't use Link much toward the end either.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
What Diick said

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Link was okay, but it could also be a pain. I find it is just easier to hook up my phone to the computer and drag and drop. I am fully in DL's corner on this one.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv
I have no problem with Link at all. I use it for transferring files and for creating backups. I see file transfers to my computer and backups as two separate things. A backup makes a copy of it in one file that I can use to restore if my device fails. Transferring files puts the different media where they belong either on my device or on my computer. That means pictures with pictures, music with music, documents with documents, etc.

I have no desire to blow away my system and reinstall from scratch unless I really have to - I don't have the time to play around like that. All I want is a nice simple way to transfer my items back and forth automatically between my device and my computer. Link does that for me and it seems to me that the geniuses behind Android haven't figured out how to do it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • james pisano
To each their own. I find Link limited, doesn't restore dictionary, pics, call log and more. Why I gave up on it.
As far as starting from scratch, only do if absolutely necessary. Time, don't have enough either, but you just gotta sometimes. Plus, restoring Settings will usually restore the same problem that you wiped to solve.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • newcollector
Okay, perhaps I have not explained my question properly. What I am looking for is an app that SYNCS my data between my device and my computer. An app that downloads my pictures, videos, documents, etc to my computer and uploads any files (eg: music) I want from my computer to my device. I don't want to do that via cloud. I should be a simple thing to do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • james pisano
Haven't found a good backup app yet. Still looking.
yeap its true
(12-11-2016, 04:01 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: Okay, perhaps I have not explained my question properly. What I am looking for is an app that SYNCS my data between my device and my computer. An app that downloads my pictures, videos, documents, etc to my computer and uploads any files (eg: music) I want from my computer to my device. I don't want to do that via cloud. I should be a simple thing to do.
I understand what you mean. I will have the same issue when I start using my Priv. I have found Link reliable and I like that it is an encrypted backup, available only to the specific device used to make it. I also will not use the cloud. We'll see how I can work around this.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Having just moved to KEYone it would be nice to see BlackBerry Desktop Software / Link available for backing up to pc but I guess drag and drop will do for now, nice and easy.