Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Use on Android to Replace Link?
Since I am considering a switch to Black Droid, I'd like to know what you use to do what Link does for BB10. This is important for me as I have always backed my devices to my computer, never to a cloud. And, I'm not going to start now.
I use Mega, its secure and free and it's also what I used on my BlackBerry 10 phones

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Isn't Mega a cloud storage??
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spirit's post:
  • ClarkAaron27
Yep, but you can still back up your files.
Mine are saved to computer and microSD card.
New phones, I start from scratch, so settings do not matter.

(29-10-2016, 05:38 PM)Spirit Wrote: Isn't Mega a cloud storage??
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • ClarkAaron27
(29-10-2016, 05:38 PM)Spirit Wrote: Isn't Mega a cloud storage??
I use Mega cause it has nothing to do with Google. Google wants to much info.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Okay, so let me re-phrase the question. What apps does anyone use to back up their device to their LAPTOP/DESKTOP, like BlackBerry Link does?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • james pisano
Drag and Drop

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Well, it looks like I am going to have to petition BlackBerry to create a version of Link for BlackDroid. Anyone want to support me on this quixotic quest?
Why? Don't really need it

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Seriously? You don't believe in backing up your data? Or you'd rather go through a manual process to do that?

I love Link. I simply plug my BlackBerry in, Link pops up and transfers all my stuff. I have over 1,000 pictures on my Passport, several spreadsheets and word documents. None of which I want residing in someone else's storage system. Link allows me to quickly and easily transfer my data to MY computer.

Additionally I have several playlists. Link syncs my music from my computer to my BlackBerry. One playlist alone has over 1,000 songs. That is mot something I want to manage manually. When my wife got her Priv, we had to find a music app, a file transfer app, and a file manager app. BlackBerry had all that under control with Link and Music. Even my Palm Treo had a transfer system and a music player. So, why can't android get their #@&$± together?