Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Nougat
There are some features on Nougat that would be nice on the Priv. Split screen ability plus it is optimized better for battery life. Sadly we are hearing nothing about a Nougat update for the Priv, nor for the DTEK phones.

CBK was to have contacted John Chen about Nougat for these devices, but so far no response. No news from BlackBerry Mobile on their device's either.

Sadly my next device will not be a BlackBerry. At least with a OnePlus if there is no upgrade, you can load a version by yourself like we used to do in the old Leak days.

Marshmallow is good on the Priv. It is also nice to have the latest software. Unfortunately it doesn't look good for the Priv or DTEK phones.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
One Plus 5 has Android Oxygen OS. Whole new ball game.
On sale now for $479 USD for slate grey, 6gb RAM, 68gb storage. Midnight Black has more ram, 8gb with 128gb storage, $539 USD.
https://oneplus.net/oneplus-5
Not BlackBerry, so I'll pass.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Oxygen OS is an almost Stock Android like BlackBerry Android with a few enhancements. You can always add your BlackBerry suite of apps. But you are right. It isn't BlackBerry. At this point it is questionable how long BlackBerry will be creating versions of Android going forward.

A friend posted this on my BBM, I'm notsure if it's old or new. I think I have seen it before but not 100% sure.

[-] The following 1 user Likes ClarkAaron27's post:
  • james pisano
I don't know what I'm missing with Marshmallow, but I'm very happy. I also know my OS gets monthly (mostly) security updates. I would never leave BlackDroid merely because my OS was a little old.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
(29-06-2017, 08:15 AM)ClarkAaron27 Wrote: A friend posted this on my BBM, I'm notsure if it's old or new. I think I have seen it before but not 100% sure.

It is old. It is from an article by Digital Trends back in the spring. On the other phones by other manufacturers, the author states the ones that "will" get the Nougat upgrade because the manufacturers told them so. When it comes to BlBlckBerry the writer uses the word "should" , not "will". That tells me BlackBerry did not specify yea or nay.

We are back where we started. The devices are quite capable of running Nougat. BlackBerry has not committed itself to upgrading them. The longer there is no word, the less likely it will occur.

I have speculated repeatedly that it may be due to a contractual agreement with TCL to not upgrade for a specific time period thus making the KEYone more attractive to potential buyers. Or the lack of upgrade news could be due to it not being beneficial to the company bottom line (though it would be beneficial to the consumer).

Right now it is still wait and see. No definitive answer and the article is old.

I called ATT to find out why no July and August Security patches for their carrier locked Priv. The Tech support guy I talked with checked with the update people and he reported this: no July and August updates because they are working to bring Nougat to the Priv. He didn't know when that would be.

Earlier I had chatted online with a csr who checked with the update people. He called me back an hour and not only said the same thing but added that they hoped to have it out by mid September or earlier.