Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Nougat
How much time Nougat already in market ?
Nougat has launched on some phones. The Pixel, KEYone, Samsung S8 are a few. I am not sure exactly how long it has been available.

For the Priv and Dtek devices, it is a wait and see scenario. They have made no promise to upgrade. We shall see what will be.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
We won't hold our breath.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
But if they do upgrade the devices, there will be a collective exhale of relief from all of us.

[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • james pisano
...without re-reading loads of pages, will Nougat be available for the Priv (excluding the wait and see option)?

Thanks
(27-06-2017, 08:07 AM)naviwilliamsinc Wrote: ...without re-reading loads of pages, will Nougat be available for the Priv (excluding the wait and see option)?

Thanks

I doubt we'll see it on ANY BlackBerry device. Only BlackBerry Mobile and the other licencees.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
Marshmallow is running great on my Priv. I assume its always best to be on the latest OS, but I'm not sure what I'm missing.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
(27-06-2017, 02:13 PM)james pisano Wrote: Marshmallow is running great on my Priv. I assume its always best to be on the latest OS, but I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I have Android N on my KEYᴼᴺᴱ, LG G5 G6 V20,and all my Samsungs phones and the only thing I noticed different is the dual window and I don't Ever use it. Marshmallow in my opinion is the better of the 2 and every phone but the G6 and the KEYᴼᴺᴱ I used with marshmallow first and I prefer Marshmallow..

[-] The following 1 user Likes ClarkAaron27's post:
  • james pisano
(27-06-2017, 02:30 PM)ClarkAaron27 Wrote: I have Android N on my KEYᴼᴺᴱ, LG G5 G6 V20,and all my Samsungs phones and the only thing I noticed different is the dual window and I don't Ever use it. Marshmallow in my opinion is the better of the 2 and every phone but the G6 and the KEYᴼᴺᴱ I used with marshmallow first and I prefer Marshmallow..

Hey. Thanks a bunch for your input. As I learned in an article recently, Android relies on apps to perform many functions other OS's have to include. Thus, Android is constantly being updated as key apps are updated. So for Android users, its not as important to be on the latest OS.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Except having latest OS usually means a lot of security fixes. Verizon needs to step it up.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy