Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passports Starting To Disappear From Shopblackberry.com
I noticed that some versions of the Passport are being removed from the shopblackberry stores. I don't know if they're going to be restocking them, so if you were thinking of getting one, now is the time. :-)
They are having a sale on the original Passport, the silver edition, and the Priv. I expect they are blowing them out to make way for the next generation devices.
Good time to purchase a great phone if you are in the market.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv
For sure. I doubt you'll find them any cheaper. IIRC, the profit margin on those phones is around 40%. The sale price for the black Passport is 45% less than the regular price, and the SE is discounted 40%. So they may not even be making a profit on this Passport sale.
I've snapped up my supply of Passports, even ordered a few spare batteries. Will be using my Passports for a while yet
Too bad that's not good news for all.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(02-05-2017, 03:10 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Too bad that's not good news for all.
Like any phone, it was bound to happen. The Passport will go the way of the Bold. And with no partner signed on to do BB10 powered devices, this could be the end of the line for BlackBerry's proprietary OS.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Don't think the BB10 OS will disappear anytime soon. Hopefully a new partner will get us new phones.
That's the big question. At this point no bb10 partner. And with many migrating to BlackDroid I do not see producing a new bb10 device being a financially lucrative move for a partner.

BB10 will be supported on existing devices by BlackBerry for years to come. Unless something major happens soon, your hopes of a Z30 version two may sadly never come to fruition.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Actually Classic II would thrill me.