Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last In house device...
Do you think it will be Android or BB10? Do you think we'll see another BB10 device?
Hoping for BB10. At this point, only BlackBerry knows.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
I think new passport will make me happy
(16-10-2016, 09:58 AM)Schmurf. Wrote: Do you think it will be Android or BB10? Do you think we'll see another BB10 device?

Now that the Priv has been out for a year, BlackBerry has a better idea of whether there's more demand for a PKB phone among those who prefer Android or those who prefer BB10. My gut feeling is that there's more demand for a PKB phone among BB10 fans than Android fans, and thus the Mercury will be a BB10 phone (especially since it appears the Passport is being phased out). We'll find out in 6 months or less. :-)

The perception that BB10 has no apps has almost killed BB10 in the smartphone market. But as we all know, the "no apps" is the only weakness of BB10. For everything else, it's the best mobile platform on the market. So, it's wisest for BlackBerry to focus their resources on making BB10 big in IoT, which can effectively be called the Everything But Smartphones, Tablets, Desktops and Servers market. That market doesn't need lots of trendy apps. Instead, those products need just a few specialized, usually custom, apps. I'm thinking of industrial uses (e.g. portable/handheld instruments), military equipment, and even kiosks -- I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of looking up at a screen at the airport or mall to get the info I need, only to see Windows' Blue Screen Of Death.

If they can be profitable in those industries, then that will justify continuing to do R&D on smartphone/mobile tech, which will increase the likelihood that they'll keep releasing BB10 phones.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bartron's post:
  • SimpleBerryRoy
(17-10-2016, 01:06 AM)bartron Wrote: Now that the Priv has been out for a year, BlackBerry has a better idea of whether there's more demand for a PKB phone among those who prefer Android or those who prefer BB10. My gut feeling is that there's more demand for a PKB phone among BB10 fans than Android fans, and thus the Mercury will be a BB10 phone (especially since it appears the Passport is being phased out). We'll find out in 6 months or less. :-)

The perception that BB10 has no apps has almost killed BB10 in the smartphone market. But as we all know, the "no apps" is the only weakness of BB10. For everything else, it's the best mobile platform on the market. So, it's wisest for BlackBerry to focus their resources on making BB10 big in IoT, which can effectively be called the Everything But Smartphones, Tablets, Desktops and Servers market. That market doesn't need lots of trendy apps. Instead, those products need just a few specialized, usually custom, apps. I'm thinking of industrial uses (e.g. portable/handheld instruments), military equipment, and even kiosks -- I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of looking up at a screen at the airport or mall to get the info I need, only to see Windows' Blue Screen Of Death.

If they can be profitable in those industries, then that will justify continuing to do R&D on smartphone/mobile tech, which will increase the likelihood that they'll keep releasing BB10 phones.

Agree
It looks like the Mercury will be an Android phone, and not a BB10 phone as I suspected.
Passport design is likely dead. A BB10 PKB could be possible, most because business users love it.
There is rumored to be one more BB10 in 2017.
There have been many rumours.... And look where we are

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
No fudge. But the Old Guy can dream. :)

(17-11-2016, 07:05 AM)Nnik Wrote: There have been many rumours.... And look where we are

......lmao!