Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why all the iPhone hate
(18-10-2016, 06:19 AM)Cassie Wrote: Oh I had been talking about music.  

As far as iCloud for family albums I've got two factor authentication with a 14 character password that contains special characters, numbers, and different upper and lower case characters that is not used anywhere else.  

This is how my husband's is set up too.  

We don't use common passwords and we don't rotate passwords.  

I'm not worried.   Nobody I know either friends or family has had their iCloud information stolen.   And it's nice to create albums and share them with family.  

We don't keep naughty pictures if you're referring to the movie star pictures that were stolen.   We've got three curious little girls and we can't risk anything.

Wise of you Cassie. I'm glad being a BB owner has assisted in some way to you being a security conscious mobile user!
Logic dictates, but reason rules... DM

Farts are just the ghosts of the things we eat...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canuckvoip's post:
  • Cassie
(18-10-2016, 07:20 AM)Nnik Wrote: I wonder it that government dude used a simple pw, the one that was just hacked recently

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Oh I don't know anything about that. I don't know who you mean.
(18-10-2016, 12:55 PM)Canuckvoip Wrote: Wise of you Cassie. I'm glad being a BB owner has assisted in some way to you being a security conscious mobile user!

Yeah but it's mainly my husband. He makes all the rules. I just follow them.

He's the one who came up with the 14 character upper case lower case special character rule. And it can't be used for anything else. And the phone password can't be anybody's birthday or phone number.

It's what they do at his work so we do the same at home.
He got hacked, so very likely used a simple password that was easy to guess.

(18-10-2016, 06:09 PM)Cassie Wrote: Oh I don't know anything about that. I don't know who you mean.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(02-10-2016, 03:05 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: We all have a choice in what phone we want to spend our money on.
Problem for me, if iPhone is the only smartphone choice, I'll go back to a basic flip phone.

My thoughts are similar.
Except that I would lump iOS and Android together. Don't want either one on my daily driver.

Although, to be fair, I know Android pretty well and have been tinkering with custom ROMs for the past few years on tablets. Not a fan of the "runs the Googles". Don't want to be a part of the Googles and the Google business model.

Haven't gotten to know iOS too well, but am not a fan of Apple based on philosophical reasons.
Android and BlackDroid are two different worlds.
With BlackBerry, at least you feel secure. :)
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • newcollector
I'm sorry, but I don't buy the BS that Apple products "just work" any better than any other product. I have worked with iPhones and they simply don't work any better or worse than any other device. In my opinion it's purely marketing BS. I've worked with Palm, BlackBerry, Android, and iOS devices. I wish Cassie all the best with her iPhone, but the philosophy that "no one I know of has been hacked" doesn't hold water with me. No one I know has has their house burn down, but I still have insurance on my home.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • Nnik
Back in the day when we BlackBerry people were doing battery pulls, the iPhone seemed to be more stable. I think their limitations are obvious and I don't like them. That is why I stuck with BlackBerry. But for a "limited" OS, it works.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv
(25-10-2016, 09:40 PM)newcollector Wrote: Back in the day when we BlackBerry people were doing battery pulls, the iPhone seemed to be more stable. I think their limitations are obvious and I don't like them. That is why I stuck with BlackBerry. But for a "limited" OS, it works.

The iPhones just automatically rebooted or crashed...... Or didn't do what you wanted in the first place

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nnik's post:
  • DickLewis13
I never had an iPhone, so obviously I am going on hear say and what was the prevailing perception due to the impressive Apple marketing machine.

I loved my old BBOS 6 and 7 Torch phones. Never had much problem with them. Rarely had to do a Battery pull. But I digress.