Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New BB10 User
I have a friend who has a Sammy, on TMobile. I immediately asked her to download BBM when we started hanging out, for reasons that are obvious to everyone in here. She did and she loved it immediately. She had hitherto been of the opinion that "BlackBerry was for business," and not for consumers.

In any event, we began a small group of just us two so we could keep lists of things we wanted to do and a calendar. She loved the emoji and sticker options.

Her Sammy began giving her trouble and I mentioned I had a Z10 available with two extra battery packs and a BlackBerry transform hard shell case. She tried it and loves it. The call quality is far superior, even on the same network. She popped her TMobile SIM into the Verizon Z10 and it worked immediately.

Now, she loves the HUB and says the OS is more "common sense" than Android. I have to tell you, she is quite young and she still gets it. It's such an incredible shame that BlackBerry was unable to get more BB10 devices in the hands of consumers. The strengths of the OS are clear for all to see. It remains to be seen if she will stick with BB10. There may be apps she wants that she can't get. So far though, so good.

This is a clear case of someone of a new generation who has probably never even seen a BlackBerry in the wild and yet can readily see the strengths of BB10.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 3 users Like james pisano's post:
  • bartron, ClarkAaron27, DickLewis13
Good job, would love to switch some of my sibs over.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • james pisano
(11-09-2016, 10:16 PM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Good job, would love to switch some of my sibs over.

Wouldn't we all!!!
Great job James!
[-] The following 2 users Like Wayno's post:
  • ClarkAaron27, james pisano
Quite young huh? Lol

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users Like Nnik's post:
  • Brad, ClarkAaron27
İmage with the updates now you can swipe left for the hub on BlackBerry priv or Dtek50. BlackBerry has made the Hub Widget and it's almost identical to bb10

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Talk her into buying the BlackBerry Priv or Dtek50, there awesome

Checked that out, don't use Hub.
(12-09-2016, 03:35 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Checked that out, don't use Hub.
You don't use the Hub?

Nope, on Priv or any BB10, except when I had to do email.
(12-09-2016, 03:56 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Nope, on Priv or any BB10, except when I had to do email.
Dang I can't go without it lol