Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration of comments into the BB10 app
First time poster on the forums but have been checking this app daily for about two years. UTB is full of great content and is easily the best source for BB10 news. But I have noticed that many articles come and go with no comments. I can say without a doubt that this is due to the unfortunate fact that you cannot post comments without logging into a Web browser. I've been tempted to comment many many times but have always been put off by the general sluggishness of going through the browser to do so.

Is it too much to ask to integrate the comments into the BB10 app itself. I assure you that more discussion would occur if you could make this happen.

Thank you.
A1MX, nice to see you making a post! :D

I always use the browser on my Passport. I've downloaded the app, but honestly, I find the browser does a great job for me. Either that or I'm too lazy or stuck in my ways to try something different! LOL

Good on y for making a positive suggestion. Post more often!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • SimpleBerryRoy
If I am understanding you correctly, you are referring to the Blogs. At this time there isn't a way to combine comments with Web Version.
It has been discussed, but not an easy thing to program. I start Blogs from Channel, comment there, "read more" takes me to web.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(03-08-2016, 02:51 PM)A1MX Wrote: First time poster on the forums but have been checking this app daily for about two years. UTB is full of great content and is easily the best source for BB10 news. But I have noticed that many articles come and go with no comments. I can say without a doubt that this is due to the unfortunate fact that you cannot post comments without logging into a Web browser. I've been tempted to comment many many times but have always been put off by the general sluggishness of going through the browser to do so.

Is it too much to ask to integrate the comments into the BB10 app itself. I assure you that more discussion would occur if you could make this happen.

Thank you.
This has been an ongoing pain with us. We were never able to get comments integrated with our app. Just couldn't get it to work, and the dev for that app has stepped away from it.

We have another dev that is able to fix it with a new app but we're having issues getting his app the access it needs to our servers.

We're trying, and no one is more unhappy about it taking this long than I am.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • SimpleBerryRoy
Oh!Welcome to the forums! :)

I completely understand. It's definitely tough if the developer steps away. I appreciate your efforts greatly. Thank you for the prompt explanation and the warm welcomes!
(05-08-2016, 01:45 AM)A1MX Wrote: I completely understand. It's definitely tough if the developer steps away. I appreciate your efforts greatly. Thank you for the prompt explanation and the warm welcomes!
Thanks for understanding. Still hoping for a fix.

In the meantime, make yourself at home here. :)

Welcome A1MX!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Oops, Welcome A1MX.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
Welcome A1MX. I agree with your observation. I'm happy that something is being done to address the issue.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk