Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help
Ok I have a BlackBerry Classic and it's been paid for, I thought it was unlocked since I paid cash for it but it's not. I call att and they said it's eligible to unlock which I knew but when I requested an unlock code from att I get an email saying it's not a consumer device, I called att and they have no clue what that means because it is one of their phones and don't know why it's saying it's not a consumer device. Any ideas?

Sent from My BlackBerry Priv,Z10,Passport or the other 13 BlackBerry's
(02-08-2016, 04:59 AM)ClarkAaron27 Wrote: Ok I have a BlackBerry Classic and it's been paid for, I thought it was unlocked since I paid cash for it but it's not. I call att and they said it's eligible to unlock which I knew but when I requested an unlock code from att I get an email saying it's not a consumer device, I called att and they have no clue what that means because it is one of their phones and don't know why it's saying it's not a consumer device. Any ideas?

You can always get it unlocked via a third party. But AT&T should do it for free

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • ClarkAaron27
Unlock codes really cheap on eBay. You sure it has a clean IMEI? Was it used?
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(02-08-2016, 05:27 AM)Brad Wrote: You can always get it unlocked via a third party. But AT&T should do it for free

True, but att don't seem to know what's going on lol. I only bought it from them because I went in the store and fell in love and had to have it that day, I should have been patient and ordered it. I don't like waiting, just like I'm going nuts waiting on my BlackBerry DTEK50 lol.

How is UnlockCodesDirect? Are they trustworthy?

(02-08-2016, 05:40 AM)ClarkAaron27 Wrote: How is UnlockCodesDirect? Are they trustworthy?

You bought it from AT&T and they don't know what's going on?!

• ClarkAaron27
Little confused myself, if purchased from AT&T, then it is their responsibility to make it right.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • ClarkAaron27
Yes I bought it from att, but it says it's not a consumer device on their site , but they say it's an att phone which I know it is because I bought it there lol. I bought it about a year ago and just realized it wasn't unlocked. This is the email I got, and att doesn't know what it means lol. İmage

OK.... That's just ridiculous

• ClarkAaron27
I preferred FreeMyBlackBerry

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nnik's post:
  • ClarkAaron27