Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBM option I miss from the BBOS days
I use BBM Groups and love the changes made in this latest update.
During the podcast yesterday, Brad mentioned 3 things he'd like to see in the next BBM update and I thought about the one thing I've been wanting back that was taken away from us once we made the jump from BBOS to BB10.

Something I miss from the BBOS days is the ability to be able to create a shortcut to a BBM contact or Group on the home screen.
Having the Hub is great for quick access to messages from all apps and accounts, but giving this BBM option back to us would be great.

I would have specific conversations just a tap from the home screen away.

Is there a work-around or an app to be able to do this on BB10?
Not sure you can do it... never used the shortcut function on bbm on bbos

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Never did either, didn't chat with Contacts often enough to bother.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
You can on Priv

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nnik's post:
  • ClarkAaron27
(31-07-2016, 09:17 AM)Nnik Wrote: You can on Priv

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

That would piss me off.
Sucks If they gave Android BBM a feature that was taken away from us when we went to BB10.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jope28's post:
  • ClarkAaron27
Use the widget

Sent from My BlackBerry Priv,Z10,Passport or the other 13 BlackBerry's
Unfortunately you can't on Priv. You can do it with text messages and emails but not BBM. If you look at shortcuts both the text message and email are contact specific. The BBM just takes us to the compose BBM screen. İmage

[-] The following 2 users Like Brad's post:
  • ClarkAaron27, Jope28
Darn.
I get the impression that not many here used that option back in the day. Am surprised. That definitely was one thing I thought was great. So good when one has many ongoing BBM conversations.

It would create an icon on the home screen with that contact's display pic as the icon or the group's display pic. I guess it's one of those things that seem silly or not really useful (and won't miss) unless you had it and used it in the past. Very underrated.

BBOS was truly all about pure communication. The closest to it is the 'instant actions' on the Passport which is great as well, so I won't complain lol
(01-08-2016, 03:57 AM)Jope28 Wrote: Darn.
I get the impression that not many here used that option back in the day. Am surprised. That definitely was one thing I thought was great. So good when one has many ongoing BBM conversations.

It would create an icon on the home screen with that contact's display pic as the icon or the group's display pic. I guess it's one of those things that seem silly or not really useful (and won't miss) unless you had it and used it in the past. Very underrated.

BBOS was truly all about pure communication. The closest to it is the 'instant actions' on the Passport which is great as well, so I won't complain lol
I used to use it. Set one up for my wife, since she was my only BBM contact back then.

Hmm...BBM outlasted the wife. Score for BlackBerry!

[-] The following 4 users Like Brad's post:
  • Jope28, mscloutier, newcollector, Schmurf.
Is anyone on Beta? If so when it the las security update you've received? I don't get them on Marshmallow Beta for some reason.

Sent from My BlackBerry Priv,Z10,Passport or the other 13 BlackBerry's