Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is dtek50 is the most important device since z10?
The z10 was the new BB10 device we all looked for. The device that brings new area to BlackBerry.

I feel the same way about the new dtek50.

What is your thoughts?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Likely same discussion in other threads, particularly this one.
Reviews and impressions.
http://utbblogs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3654
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
But I will have to reserve judgment until I can see one. RTM seems to be a ways away yet.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
SimpleBerry, I would agree with you. The DTEK50 is the device that I really think will tell the fortunes of BlackBerry's foray into Android. The Priv may have been the first one, but I think in some ways it was the sacrificial lamb. When it first came out, there was the understandable howling from the BlackBerry purists. Many people, including myself had the wrap their heads around BlackBerry going Android and what that might mean. Today we know more and understand more. The same can be said about the general consumer. the Priv was really the pioneer, blazing the way for the others to follow it. DTEK50 should have the acceptance both inside and outside the BlackBerry fan base, so it should do better
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • mscloutier
Yes Roy! This is a great post and I feel the same way. Excited. I'm not going to lie, yes, I love my passport, it does things at lightning speed compared to my Classic and my Z10. But I will say this...going from my z10 to my Passport was a helleva learning curve in terms of getting used to a keyboard again. It took me a good solid 4 days to re acclimate myself to the keyboard after using slabs for so long and then the Z10. Some people like buttons, I used to be one of them when I had my curve...but since that curve ,it was primarily slabs until I purchased the Passport. Now I'm used to it. But for millennials, younger people who basically grew up on slabs will not be interested in any keyboard device or even sliders for that matter. So this is promising for those who want Google Apps without having to sideload, a full touch screen similar to what they are used to , regular updates and what appears to be Privacy and security out of the box.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
[-] The following 3 users Like fishlove73's post:
  • mscloutier, newcollector, SimpleBerryRoy
I would personally prefer the 5" version, rumoured to be the Argon. It might be a flagship device. The DTEK50 might indeed do better than the PRIV, though some BlackBerry fans are already complaining that it is too expensive. The fact is, the baked in security costs extra. That is what buyers are paying for.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
If people are complaining the DTEK50 is too expensive, then they will never be satisfied. It is not too expensive. $299 is a great price for a midrange price.

Same people will throw out 1k for an iPhone or S7

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nnik's post:
  • Schmurf.
(07-08-2016, 01:04 AM)Nnik Wrote: Same people will throw out 1k for an iPhone or S7

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
These people are also certifiably insane. :)

[-] The following 3 users Like newcollector's post:
  • Brad, Schmurf., SimpleBerryRoy
Sometimes people forget that there is an acceptable range of price and device, depending on need. For example, you could buy a fully loaded Accord or a more modest Civic. Different prices, different features, different needs. Either way, the car is still quality. Same goes for BlackBerry devices.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • Brad