Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts About BlackBerry OS
(01-08-2016, 01:08 AM)Brad Wrote: I've been carrying both the Passport and the Priv since I got the Priv. Right now, the Priv is my primary, and that happened only after I forced myself to give the Priv an honest shake instead of just being angry that it runs android.

In all honesty, the way I use my phone, the Priv just works better. And the thing is, I'm not an app guy. It's not apps that is pulling me to it. I have the exact same apps that I use daily on both phones. They just work faster on the Priv.

The important thing for me is that the Priv (and DTEK50) is a BlackBerry experience. Even if it's running Android, I'm still able to use it as a BlackBerry. I haven't been able to do that with any other Android device.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Brad the big difference in my opinion for me is that BB10 provides a smooth experience with in a corporate environment. With BES involvement, you don't notice it with BB10. But the other OSes have open the Good container all the time. Certain things don't transfer over well or at all. In a corporate environment, why anyone would NOT use BB10 is beyond me. You're just asking for more work and less satisfaction.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • Ninja
(01-08-2016, 05:01 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: Brad the big difference in my opinion for me is that BB10 provides a smooth experience with in a corporate environment. With BES involvement, you don't notice it with BB10. But the other OSes have open the Good container all the time. Certain things don't transfer over well or at all. In a corporate environment, why anyone would NOT use BB10 is beyond me. You're just asking for more work and less satisfaction.
Yeah, I haven't used BES. I believe you. So I guess I'm talking about a consumer perspective.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • Ninja
(02-08-2016, 01:35 AM)Brad Wrote: Yeah, I haven't used BES. I believe you. So I guess I'm talking about a consumer perspective.

If I was using my device purely for a consumer perspective, then I'd probably give Blackdroid a more serious look. However, as stated on a different thread, the sync capabilities of BB10 really are quite good and far ahead of anything Android that I've seen so far. That to me would be a final barrier to hurdle. Until then, I'll be quite happy with BB10 either way.
(02-08-2016, 11:23 AM)Schmurf. Wrote: If I was using my device purely for a consumer perspective, then I'd probably give Blackdroid a more serious look. However, as stated on a different thread, the sync capabilities of BB10 really are quite good and far ahead of anything Android that I've seen so far. That to me would be a final barrier to hurdle. Until then, I'll be quite happy with BB10 either way.
And you have a valid reason. That's great.

If there's something BB10 does better than BlackBerry Android, then I'm not surprised.

If someone just likes BB10 better then great.

What's frustrating me is people saying "screw BlackBerry for having android phones, I refuse to try it" ... then running off to another Android or iPhone. Its ridiculous.

It's also really frustrating when our own readers who are BlackBerry fans troll each BlackBerry Android post because theyre still upset BlackBerry made and Android.

I hate Android. Ive never been able to use it as anything more than an app launcher. BlackBerry did something great and made Android fully capable of being my daily driver. But it needs to be a BlackBerry Android.

OK... rant over. Lol!

PS: I have no issue with someone wanting to stay on BB10. I really want another BB10 device.

[-] The following 2 users Like Brad's post:
  • james pisano, Nnik
Brad, I hear ya! Really, in the end, I think this is going where I figured it might, which is a convergence of BB10 and Android. I don't think there's much surprise in seeing Android bring BB10-like features to Android. While I'm not a conspiracy theorist kind of guy, I would not be at all surprised if Google and BlackBerry were working together to make this happen. Whether it's BB10 o Blackdroid, I believe the experience on device that I want is from BlackBerry and no other provider. So far it's been the best one for me.
What I hope will happen is blackBerry will continue to bring the BB10 features we love to Android. Then we have the best of both worlds. Kind of like Spock: product of human with all our flaws (Android) and BlackBerry with all its power and technical innovation (Vulcan). The result is better than the parts.

[-] The following 1 user Likes newcollector's post:
  • Schmurf.
Hmmm NC, I never thought of myself as being a Vulcan, but when you put it that way, it sounds so logical...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • james pisano
My biggest concern is a device being highly difficult to impossible in terms of forensic data recovery AND being able to backup my device without relying on an Internet connected server ("cloud").

Can BlackDroid satisfy these concerns (yet)?
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
Good question, might be better to post in Help thread.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
This page gives you a lot of information. Thank you!