Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marketing DTEK
(28-07-2016, 04:33 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Agree with Brad. A little bit of marketing and the 50 will really sell.
The way BlackBerry made the announcement was a great start.

I agree, I believe BlackBerry has the potential to sell a boatload of DTEK50s
It's the right price point and features for the masses.
Here's hoping the carriers and the so called 'expert' sales staff at carrier stores promote it.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 1 user Likes mscloutier's post:
  • bartron
(28-07-2016, 05:04 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Almost. The Z50 I was looking forward to would still be BB10.

Same here DL,
My ideal Z50 would be running BB10 as well. Though the DTEK50 has a far better chance of success by appealing to the mainstream, which unfortunately is Android, even though BB10 is the superior OS.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 1 user Likes mscloutier's post:
  • Schmurf.
(28-07-2016, 06:41 AM)Brad Wrote: Why not? It's 5" screen all touch. Will have access to more media and games than Z50.

Obviously we want BB10, but for the things people wanted a Z50 for, this will do with ease.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I disagree.
I couldn't give a rats ***** about apps or games. Just because one enjoys a large display doesn't mean Android is right for them. I prefer BB10 because the important apps are built in, the OS is less taxing on the memory and battery and the UI is simply brilliant ... and most importantly Google isn't rapping me.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

(28-07-2016, 10:33 AM)mscloutier Wrote: Sorry, I disagree.
I couldn't give a rats ***** about apps or games. Just because one enjoys a large display doesn't mean Android is right for them. I prefer BB10 because the important apps are built in, the OS is less taxing on the memory and battery and the UI is simply brilliant ... and most importantly Google isn't rapping me.
I don't use apps and games either. I have the same apps on both my devices. I limit Google to pretty much the same thing I use on my Passport, although I have used Google Maps. And my Priv lasts me longer than my Passport, and charges way faster thanks to Quick Charge.

The vast majority of those that wanted the Z50 stated for media consumption. With Android, there are simply more options for that. I'm not happy about it, but it's true.

(28-07-2016, 10:42 AM)Brad Wrote: I don't use apps and games either. I have the same apps on both my devices. I limit Google to pretty much the same thing I use on my Passport, although I have used Google Maps. And my Priv lasts me longer than my Passport, and charges way faster thanks to Quick Charge.

The vast majority of those that wanted the Z50 stated for media consumption. With Android, there are simply more options for that. I'm not happy about it, but it's true.

I'm not the vast majority, some even claim I'm rather unique.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

(28-07-2016, 10:53 AM)mscloutier Wrote: I'm not the vast majority, some even claim I'm rather unique.
When we say you're "special" that's not exactly what we mean

[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
  • Schmurf.
(28-07-2016, 04:38 AM)Brad Wrote: I like what someone said a little earlier. Not sure what thread of who... maybe even on channel? Not sure. I get confused... lol

They said they were looking at this as the Z50. I like that a lot. Think about it, people wanted Z50 for an upgraded all touch media machine. This IS it.

Z50 and DTEK50... I keep wondering what happened to naming these devices like Models. Lol. She's Bold, she a Storm, Classic, etc. A Vegas 50 will surely rock!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sayid's post:
  • Brad
Marketing... we all know that this is where BlackBerry has been struggling since the decline of the Legacy devices. The strategy behind the DTEK50 is actually what anyone who will want to see BlackBerry increase its sales and profitability will love. Introduce a mid-range device, very affordable, still providing the top notch BlackBerry features which it prides itself in and of course, on an Android platform which more than half of the world uses. There's no reason what so ever why it shouldn't sell. Device durability, OS features, wide range of apps. It's basically using a Samsung, wrapped with the security and finesse of BlackBerry.

Let them invest in Marketing (which has started off pretty well) and we'll watch the numbers grow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like Sayid's post:
  • mscloutier, Schmurf.
It's about CHOICES, boys. We can go here in circles all day and night about Android and BB10. Truth is, it doesn't help, ain't it?

BlackBerry gave us the choice. Pick up yours and Berry on! Enough said.

We should just market BlackBerry as a whole, not by the OS that runs on its device alone. It's still BlackBerry anyway.
[-] The following 4 users Like HYMAN's post:
  • Brad, kpbutton, mscloutier, Schmurf.
(28-07-2016, 04:27 PM)HYMAN Wrote: It's about CHOICES, boys. We can go here in circles all day and night about Android and BB10. Truth is, it doesn't help, ain't it?

BlackBerry gave us the choice. Pick up yours and Berry on! Enough said.

We should just market BlackBerry as a whole, not by the OS that runs on its device alone. It's still BlackBerry anyway.
Agree with this