Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
64-bit Capability
This is what I found as a benefit: "The benefits of using a 64-bit operating system are most apparent when you have a large amount of random access memory (RAM) installed on your computer, typically 4 GB of RAM or more". Not sure how that applies to my Priv unless it means my phone runs better, smoother, with less heat when I am running a number of programs or a game.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
(27-07-2016, 04:07 AM)newcollector Wrote: This is what I found as a benefit: "The benefits of using a 64-bit operating system are most apparent when you have a large amount of random access memory (RAM) installed on your computer, typically 4 GB of RAM or more". Not sure how that applies to my Priv unless it means my phone runs better, smoother, with less heat when I am running a number of programs or a game.

That's one point. :-)
(27-07-2016, 04:07 AM)newcollector Wrote: This is what I found as a benefit: "The benefits of using a 64-bit operating system are most apparent when you have a large amount of random access memory (RAM) installed on your computer, typically 4 GB of RAM or more". Not sure how that applies to my Priv unless it means my phone runs better, smoother, with less heat when I am running a number of programs or a game.

Two years ago I moved to a 64 bit laptop and it runs nicer than my previous 32 bit laptop. Of course we also have 8GB of ram in each, so the 64 bit architecture becomes apparent there. I'm not sure if it applies when there is only 3GB , a mobile device. Too bnad there aren't any benchmarking tests and results on 32 vs 64 bit processing.
(25-07-2016, 07:50 PM)HYMAN Wrote: Has anyone amongst Priv owners here have activated your device's 64-bit capability?

If you have, how's the overall experience? Is there any small or big difference at all?
Never knew how do you activate it?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
(27-07-2016, 06:31 PM)Hunsletjames Wrote: Never knew how do you activate it?

I don't have an Android BlackBerry yet. I can answer it when I can get one. :-)
Looking at the pic, I think it's on the device's test section (wherein you obviously do different tests like camera and the like..)
[-] The following 1 user Likes HYMAN's post:
  • Hunsletjames
(27-07-2016, 07:58 PM)HYMAN Wrote: Looking at the pic, I think it's on the device's test section (wherein you obviously do different tests like camera and the like..)
Must already be enabled on mine haven't seen that screen message on my Priv

(27-07-2016, 08:42 PM)Hunsletjames Wrote: Must already be enabled on mine haven't seen that screen message on my Priv

Try it out then, then tell us the difference. :-)