Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5G and BlackBerry
The U.S. just dedicated $400M to development of 5G technology. What impact could it have on the infrastructure, specifically on BlackBerry?
Sent from the Best Smartphone in the World - my BlackBerry
Good question, but not sure how it would affect specific phones. Verizon is already XLTE.
Faster than 4G.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
I'm more sceptical about the government's involvement, and the way it's been said that they're going to be the ones setting up some rules on the technology!
(17-07-2016, 02:23 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: Good question, but not sure how it would affect specific phones. Verizon is already XLTE.
Faster than 4G.
XLTE is just same old LTE on Verizon's new spectrum.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
In Israel we barely have 4G

Sorry, wrong. XLTE is twice the speed.

(17-07-2016, 03:55 AM)Brad Wrote: XLTE is just same old LTE on Verizon's new spectrum.

Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
South Korea already has 5G..
If the government is involved, it's probably screwed already and the committee has renamed it SG, and given it the mascot of a running Zebra (that's a horse designed by a committee).
UK only has 3.5G and advertised as 4G. It shows on my phone when I'm using a voice call.
(17-07-2016, 01:10 AM)razrrob Wrote: The U.S. just dedicated $400M to development of 5G technology. What impact could it have on the infrastructure, specifically on BlackBerry?

This will be a good thing for BlackBerry's QNX and IoT
Martin
BlackBerry 10