Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOSE ON EVERY UNIT / MAKE IT UP IN VOLUME
That adage has been the end of many manufacturers who thought that they had discovered a way to stay in business but still lose money. ( News papers come to mind). The other adage is; 'You get what you pay for.' It will be interesting to see how that plays out in this instance.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstorie...spartandhp
BlackBerry. Not just another i-toy.
In the short term you can buy marketshare by undercutting your competitors prices. However you have to be able to show a profit otherwise all you are doing is committing a form of business suicide.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users Like newcollector's post:
  • Brad, mscloutier
Samsung has become the volume leader in smartphone sales, but have they actually made money from them?
They are heavily entrenched in all forms of consumer electronics and appliances, from budget smartphones to high end household appliances and everything in between. Which involves manufacturing expense, risks and the ever so fickle consumer.
BlackBerry has their software side, which is slowly but surely growing... high margins and no manufacturing risk.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

Samsung employed the "Fire hose method", which basically means to cover all bases, like when you're dealing with a fire.

Just like Martin said, Samsung may have covered every category and market possible with their wide array of mobile phones, it doesn't automatically mean BIG profit to the company. Samsung has also its share of losses.
The firehose method - LOL. We used to call it the spray and pray. Spray with everything you've got and hope something sticks!
No joke about Samsung. I've been looking for a tablet for a friend. My Lord they have so many frigging tabs. All just a little different than the other, with prices that range from cheap to iPad levels. Spray and pray is right with Samsung!

I was in at Memory Warehouse and was looking at an Asus tablet run pretty much stock Android. The fellow said they get quick updates too. It looked and felt better than the comparable Samsung and was cheaper to boot. I think it was $250 CDN?
(15-07-2016, 02:37 PM)Schmurf. Wrote: I was in at Memory Warehouse and was looking at an Asus tablet run pretty much stock Android. The fellow said they get quick updates too. It looked and felt better than the comparable Samsung and was cheaper to boot. I think it was $250 CDN?
I actually just picked up a Lenovo Tab 3 8" for $100 at office depot. Marshmallow out of the box, and dual front facing speakers, IPS screen. It's a nice tablet.

Why did I get it? Because I'm a tech hoarder according to Dave. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with this thing. Lol. Maybe watch YouTube? Lol

(16-07-2016, 12:23 AM)Brad Wrote: I actually just picked up a Lenovo Tab 3 8" for $100 at office depot. Marshmallow out of the box, and dual front facing speakers, IPS screen. It's a nice tablet.

Why did I get it? Because I'm a tech hoarder according to Dave. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with this thing. Lol. Maybe watch YouTube? Lol

Gadget wasteland.. ??? Hahaha
[-] The following 1 user Likes HYMAN's post:
  • Brad
(16-07-2016, 12:23 AM)Brad Wrote: I actually just picked up a Lenovo Tab 3 8" for $100 at office depot. Marshmallow out of the box, and dual front facing speakers, IPS screen. It's a nice tablet.

But Brad, that's $100 USD, which means it's $250CDN (ha ha ha, just kidding, but not by much).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • Brad