Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"New" Feature
So maybe I'm just slow, but I found another BB10 feature I didn't know about. I don't know what the future of BB10 will be exactly, but I will use it until it's absolutely impossible to continue.

In any event, when you swipe down to get the quick settings, you can toggle different notification settings by touching the little bell, which we all know. What I didn't know is you can adjust how many settings are available to toggle on and off. By going into notifications, then quick settings, you get a menu to select from. I currently use "normal," "vibrate only," and "silent."

Thought I'd share it in case anyone else had missed this as well.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
[-] The following 2 users Like james pisano's post:
  • DickLewis13, mscloutier
Neat, shortcut rather than going through Notifications from Settings. Almost never use it, but went to Settings, Quick Settings and checked Notifications.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes DickLewis13's post:
  • james pisano
It's a great feature! My work BlackBerry uses 4 but my personal only needs 2.
"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less...."
[-] The following 1 user Likes kpbutton's post:
  • james pisano
My personal and work BlackBerry only has 2 each.
I usually go to Settings and either use Vibrate when not on Normal. Really don't need Quick Settings.
I didn't realize you could choose from more than two settings on the toggle button, so I would open notifications if I wanted anything other than normal or silent. Being able to chose from more than two is awesome.
Via BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 or Z30 or Classic on 10.3.2.556 or BB Playbook
(04-07-2016, 07:06 AM)DickLewis13 Wrote: I usually go to Settings and either use Vibrate when not on Normal. Really don't need Quick Settings.
Quick settings allows you to save 2 or more steps. It's an easy and fast way to switch.

Sent on my BlackBerry Priv via Tapatalk
"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less...."
Well aware of that, just in my case, I very seldom have to make changes.
Therefore, not needed in Quick Settings, though likely works great for many.

(04-07-2016, 09:34 PM)kpbutton Wrote: Quick settings allows you to save 2 or more steps. It's an easy and fast way to switch.

Sent on my BlackBerry Priv via Tapatalk