Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook & Google, who's worse
Facebook is the devil, and Google is its spawn...WhatsApp is their inbred child.
Martin
BlackBerry 10 

[-] The following 1 user Likes mscloutier's post:
  • bambinoitaliano
I'd say that Google is worse because of how they make all their stuff "opt-out" instead of "opt-in". The non tech-savvy masses get taken for a ride.
If you as a knowledgeable consumer choose to accept their infiltration, that's one thing.
But Google sticks their stuff in products that people have come to use everyday without thinking that their privacy is even in play. Sneaky bstards!

Facebook on the other hand, is all about sharing and people giving up their privacy out in the open. No expectation of privacy in that crazy world. I can't believe people use it, but that's another story lol.

Google is by far the bigger evil in my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jope28's post:
  • Ninja
(03-07-2016, 04:55 AM)Jope28 Wrote: I'd say that Google is worse because of how they make all their stuff "opt-out" instead of "opt-in". The non tech-savvy masses get taken for a ride.
If you as a knowledgeable consumer choose to accept their infiltration, that's one thing.
But Google sticks their stuff in products that people have come to use everyday without thinking that their privacy is even in play. Sneaky bstards!

Facebook on the other hand, is all about sharing and people giving up their privacy out in the open. No expectation of privacy in that crazy world. I can't believe people use it, but that's another story lol.

Google is by far the bigger evil in my opinion.

Facebook is the same way. All of their privacy settings are opt out, yet they do things that people would never even consider. Tracking your exact location with every Facebook Messenger message. Skimming information from your PRIVATE messages. Even leaving the mic active on the device....

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Don't use FB Messenger. All settings as private as I can make them.
Amazing BlackBerry Motion BBD-100-2. #WeAreBlackBerry Happy
(03-07-2016, 04:59 AM)Brad Wrote: Facebook is the same way. All of their privacy settings are opt out, yet they do things that people would never even consider. Tracking your exact location with every Facebook Messenger message. Skimming information from your PRIVATE messages. Even leaving the mic active on the device....

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

My point is that there isn't a user on this earth who has the expectation of any level of privacy from a social site. Facebook is the least of two evils because it's just unapologetically evil lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jope28's post:
  • Ninja
(03-07-2016, 06:46 AM)Jope28 Wrote: My point is that there isn't a user on this earth who has the expectation of any level of privacy from a social site. Facebook is the least of two evils because it's just unapologetically evil lol
Agree with that last part. Lol!

But most my Facebook using friends believe their private messages are private. And they think I'm crazy when I tell them. Even when I tell them about the lawsuit

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users Like Brad's post:
  • Jope28, Ninja
Both are tied as the worst of the worst data miners.. :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes HYMAN's post:
  • Jope28
It's just that to me Facebook is like a place people choose to go to or install if they want. People see the ads on Facebook and make the connection right away.

But the Google as a software company, has the Google stuff just so baked-in to Android devices that it seems a bit 'worse' to me lol.

It's like someone goes to Facebook, they know they're in that world.
But the average consumer that just wants a phone and picks up an Android and starts using the Google Keyboard, Maps, Youtube etc. Is not likely to even imagine stuff like: that by default Google collects what is typed on the Google keyboard in order 'to improve service' lol.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jope28's post:
  • mscloutier, Ninja
It's like trying to compare two different types of crap. I believe Google is worse though because as Jope28 said somehow, they provide more services. Thus they penetrate more privacy and often times it's hidden.
They are both bad. It's just which is the lesser of the two evils.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schmurf.'s post:
  • mscloutier